Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween!!!
This is Josh's first Halloween! How exciting. We will be doing a little trick or treating this evening before bedtime. I hope he knows what he is in for. His Mama LOVES holidays! This year Josh is a pirate (minus eye patch and parrot on shoulder- impossible for him to tolerate). Josh scoots around the house yelling " Aaaarrrrrr," so it was between a lion or a pirate. Obviously, the pirate won. I have a crush on Johnny Depp, so that helped sway the vote.


"Aaaarrrrrrr, give me the candy lady!!!!"
I love this picture! I don't know how we got him to do this on que, but we were lucky.



Yesterday, we went to the Arboretum Pumpkin Patch with Faye, Hanna, Kelly, and Samuel. It was such a beautiful and perfect day for some Halloween fun. The big kids ran all over the patch and Josh just watched everyone in amazement. Josh did get to go to visit the sheep and donkey at the petting zoo. He loves animals. He was so distracted by the animals around him he didn't realize he had let go of my leg and was standing ALL ON HIS OWN!!! He has done this before, but only for a half a second. This time, I had time to #1 realize he wasn't holding my leg, #2 get my camera out, #3 back up and take several shots of him standing up. He finally realized it and slowly bent his knees until his booty found the ground. It was great! He tried it again a little later, but fell straight forward onto his face. He looked up at me and had a mouth full of hay. It was HYSTERICAL! He looked like a scarecrow! I wish I had a picture for you, but I was too busy consoling him.
Priority #1: Keep child happy in public places.
Priority #2 Take embarrassing picture of child.

1 comment:

Sara Carolina said...

Wow - standing all on your own, eh Joshua?!! A whole new world!