Monday, October 8, 2007

Football Fun (or not so much)


Let's have a moment of silence for the Longhorns......................
Good game, nice try. Let's get them next year. The End.

OUR WEEKEND:

FRIDAY NIGHT:
Chris and I went for some big juicy burgers at a neighborhood burger joint. While enjoying our burgers we noticed all the families getting ready for the High School Friday night football game. Josh seemed to be in a fairly good mood, so we decided to join the rest of the families and support the local team . We called Donald, our realtor turned friend, and he met us at the stadium. We had such a great time at the game. It brought back many memories of my high school days cheering the football team. Chris enjoyed watching the band and critiquing their military style marching. It was especially fun being their with Donald, who literally knows EVERYONE in the neighborhood. I felt famous just sitting with him. I was so bummed I forgot my camera (since going to the game was a spur of the moment decision, I didn't have it with me). OH NO! What if Josh is the head quarterback or Drum Major when he is in High School and I don't have a picture of his first ever game???? What kind of mother am I?
Here is an old picture of Famous Donald and Josh.




SATURDAY:

We woke up early, put on our orange shirts, packed the car, and headed south to Austin. Every year, we attend the Hampton State Fair in Austin to watch the UT/OU game with our college friends. It is nice going in the opposite direction of all the traffic and watching all the cops pull people over on the Northbound side of 35, leaving us Southbounders to fly free to Austin. We had a great time eating corny dogs and sugary foods. Alicia is the most amazing pregnant lady for hosting such a fabulous party and the kids were a perfect distraction from the game's disappointing end.


SUNDAY:

Chris headed home early because he had better things to do in Dallas ( golf and band practice). So, Josh and I were on our own. BUT- I had a shower to help host, which is close to IMPOSSIBLE when you have a little man trying to electrocute and choke himself at every turn. So, Aunt Betsy was good enough to drive to Austin and watch him while we showered Alicia with baby necessities for Ryan's arrival. The shower went well and Josh enjoyed swinging, playing with the cats, and flirting with the ladies, of course. Here are some pictures of the hostesses with Alicia and all the ladies ( Betsy, Brooke, and Isa) that Josh enjoyed flirting with.








MONDAY:

This morning Josh thought 5am was a good time to be awake ( it really wasn't ), so we were up and on the road back to Dallas by 7am. He did great in the car and despite the horrible fog, it was a smooth trip home. The contractor came this afternoon and told me I can still have my parties next week at my house! Yeah!!! They won't get started on the kitchen until early November after the cabinets are built. So, I can host away, just without kitchen floors.
I will just post this sign outside....


While I was looking on line for the above image, I found this one below. How hard would you laugh if you saw this while driving down the highway...



1 comment:

Sara Carolina said...

they should post the annoyed sign more often - it's just so accurate!