It's a whole new world when your baby starts to feed himself. It is delightful! Josh has finally mastered the pincer grasp and is successfully inserting pieces of chopped up anything into his mouth. I started giving him Cheerios and Puffs about two months ago. I would put a big handful on his high chair tray and only about 20% would make it into his mouth. The rest would end up in his lap or on the floor (later to be consumed by the dogs, they are finally benefiting from this new addition to the family). Then, out of the blue, there were no Cheerios on the floor or in his lap- he got them all in. Oops, I think I just overdosed my child on Cheerios. Now, I tear up lunch meat, cheese, fruit, veggies, etc. and he goes to town. It usually takes about 30 minutes for him to finish (still a slow process) and I get 30 extra minutes of him tied down to make dinner. This week I have made a home cooked meal THREE nights in a row!!!! Chris doesn't know what to do with himself! In fact, as I type this, Josh is in his chair eating bananas which makes me want to sing..." This day is Bananas, B.A.N.A.N.A.S"- sorry, had to be said for my fellow Office fans.

Another new talent Josh has acquired is pushing his toys around the house. It is hysterical! My fabulous friend, Jen lent me a push toy and Josh is obsessed with it. He squeals when he sees it. I had to hide it this morning so I could get him dressed. Oh, and getting him dressed.... a whole different blog entry. I no longer have to go to the gym to get my cardio, changing Josh's pants does the job just fine.
Off to the State Fair this weekend. I am sure we won't take any pictures of Josh in front of Big Tex (wink,wink). Stay tuned... a tradition in the making.

2 comments:
Love the evil look on Josh's face....almost as if he KNOWS he isnt supposed to feed the dogs! Ha! Let the games begin!
Now that I've reentered the blogging world, I have to catch up on all I've missed on my friends' sites too! Good thing I'm a speed reader:) This post cracked me up with the bananas comment. Can't tell you how many times that phrase has popped into my head since that episode. New moms have lots of days that feel bananas:)
Post a Comment