
It is so sad that once it hits 89 degrees I get all excited that it is finally Fall. Josh and I have been walking the dogs in the evenings now that the summer heat is wearing off. Josh loves the breeze in his blond hair and the dogs love any attention at all. All I have to do is get my Nike's out of my closet and they start getting excited. Once they see me strap Josh into the jogging stroller and put on my iPod they are in full-on "pee on the floor 'cause I'm so excited" mode. We have a leash splitter that works well- FOR NORMAL DOGS. But, my dogs are not normal. When we got them as puppies, the breeder promised by their 3rd birthdays they would calm down, " All Labs do." WHATEVER! They are just as excitable as when they were 3 months old, plus 60 pounds. Watch your toes!
On rare occasions, Chris is home in time to join us for our walk. But, usually I go before he gets home. I usually take the dogs individually. Murphy gets a quick trip (she has hip dysplasia) and then I take Jackson to the nearby school for some good old fashion fetch. Oh how he loves it! Sometimes, I don't have a lot of time and I have to take everyone at once. Josh in his stroller and Murphy and Jackson leading the way down the street. I get funny comments when I have everyone with me. "Wow, you have your hands full," "Goodness, are you walking the dogs, or are they walking you?" HaHa. What does it look like? Dog walking is also a perfect time to catch up with friends on the phone. So... here I come down the street with a baby, a golden, a ginormous black lab ( that from a distance could easily pass as a horse) talking on the phone and listening to my iPod (via speakers in the fancy jogging stroller). Being a mother teaches you how to be very multi-talented.
Here is a picture of Chris with all the kids. What, do you expect me to take a picture of myself while walking the dogs??? I think that is pushing it! Enjoy the 89 degree weather fellow Texans!
1 comment:
Your to freaking funny!
Post a Comment