Sunday, October 28, 2007

Walk, Wag, and Jam

Well, I'm a big dork. I just accidentally deleted all my fabulous pictures from this weekend. I almost cried when I realized it! I had to illegally steal pictures from Sara and Bret's Shutterfly account, so all is not lost. But you guys are missing out on a great picture of Josh stealing the microphone away from Chris at this weekend's big band performance. You will have to close your eyes and imagine a cute baby dressed in a "AB/CD" ( get it, instead of AC/DC) hoodie with his mouth up to a microphone. Ugh- breaks my heart! Anyway............


On Thursday, Sara and Isa arrived from Houston. It was so cute to see little Isa with her pigtails knocking at my front door. Oh, how she has grown. Her "Benti Alison" (that's my name) loves her so much!



Friday, we stayed around the house until the kiddos had their naps and then went to the Dallas Arboretum's pumpkin patch. Yes, this is Josh's 3rd of 4 pumpkin patch visits this year. It was too beautiful to stay inside and the Arboretum is so nice- and free! Josh did not agree, however. The picture below is actually one of his better moments. It was fun. Lucky, we had no choice but to leave after 30 minutes as we got there just before close. Oh well, it was nice to get out. We stopped at a park on the way home and Josh had his first ride down the slide. That cheered him up a bit.





Friday night, Tommy and Kari ( UT friends) joined us for some yummy burgers made by my wonderful brother-in-law, Tim. He insisted on grilling for us. Okay, twist my arm, Tim. After dinner, we sat around the fire pit on the patio and enjoyed the cool weather. We talked outside for hours while enjoying some wine, scotch, and Kari's divine S'mores brownies. It was a memorable and relaxing night... until Murphy caught on fire. Yes, you read correctly, we accidentally set Murphy on fire. She came outside and was so excited to see everyone, she didn't pay any attention to the massive flame in the middle of us. Her tail was wagging all over the place and then it happened, she SAT IN THE FIRE PIT!!!!!!!! No worries, my incredibly high-pitched screech scared her enough to jump out before she felt anything or singed off too much of her luscious locks. In case you were wondering, burnt dog hair... not so appetizing of a smell. Poor Murphy didn't leave my side the rest of the night. Now, when she has a pair of Chris's socks in her mouth, all I have to say is " Murphy, do you want me to get out the fire pit?" and she drops them right away.



Saturday morning, we were up bright and early to attend the Annual Walk and Wag Festival at the Lake. It is a big festival and walk/run for dogs and dog lovers (not for people who set dogs on fire), but we went anyway. Chris' band was performing and of course we had to be good groupies and tag along. If I hadn't deleted all the pictures, you would see Chris' parents, Faye and Hanna, Sara, Bret, and Isa and Tommy join Josh and I in supporting Chris. Here is a picture of Sara and I (and the kids), you can see the band in the background.




After a rest and watching the Horns win (weehoo!!!), we took Gayle out for a birthday feast at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We, of course, had to embarrass her by having the restaurant sing her Happy Birthday- complete with a Sombrero placed on her head.

Despite the previous night of embarrassment, my FABULOUS in-laws stayed in town to watched Josh while Chris and I went to a movie ("Dan in Real Life"). I laughed, I cried, I declared I would be happy with all boys. It was a great flick to end a great weekend.

2 comments:

Sara Carolina said...

oh, i'm so sad you lost your cute pics - i was looking forward to seeing the ones on your camera. boo. i can't believe you're threatening poor murph w/ the fire pitt......

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Sorry about your pictures! Huge bummer!
Looks like ya'll had a fabulous weekend...love the Murphy story! :)
PS: Texas pulled that win out of there burnt orange butts!?!