Uncle Phil came to visit this week and Josh had a great time making him laugh. Phil hasn't seen Josh since last Christmas so as I expected, Phil was shocked at how much Josh has changed over the past year.
Josh thought he was soooo cool when he gave Phil a fist bump. He's down with the cool New York hand gestures. Oops, I mean the good ones, not the naughty ones. I love how Josh keeps his thumb up. He almost has it right.
Phil gave Josh these super cool shoes. They are WAY too big for him right now, but that didn't stop Josh from insisting on wearing them around the house. As you can see, he didn't quite care that he had his PJs on either. He ran circles around the house with these shoes on. They have BRIGHT orange soles and different colors under the Velcro straps. Super fly, yo!
Josh loved hanging out with Phil so much that he just couldn't wait while Phil took a shower in the morning! He sat at the door calling out " Ffil" "Ffil" over and over until he finally came out to play. I tried to explain to Josh the concept of "privacy," but I don't think he got it, as evidence by him peeking under the bathroom door.
To satisfy my brother's need for daily museum visits and Josh's obsession with "things that go" we headed to the Flight Museum on Saturday morning. Josh stole the show when he arrived in his leather Bomber Jacket. The visit went about as I expected... My mom talked to a retired veteran for about two hours, probably about politics. My dad spoiled Josh by buying him toys in the gift store. My brother was in awe over the "amazing construction" of the planes and took over 300 pictures. My son ran like a wild man all over the museum, yelling "ppppppplane" at the top of his lungs. My husband and myself ran after Josh the entire time, assuring the priceless historic airplanes remained intact. And, my patient friend, Nicole, had lots of laughs watching all of this take place.
My sweet mom found this hilarious pilot's hat for Josh. I think he looks quite professional in it and could easily pass security without a problem.
Today, Josh and I headed up north to visit a pumpkin patch with our friends. The kids had a great time in the brisk breeze.



3 comments:
what a boy! I know what he wants to be when he grows up.... his uncle phil seems very comfy with his little nephew.
Cec
pppppwanes are the best! so glad the rest of your family's visit was as fun as the part I got to see. miss you all a lot lot lot.
You know that fist bump had a gig 'em Aggies quality to it!!!
Post a Comment