Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly



The Good:


* It was a veggie week! Great job Josh!



* A dinner in honor of Baby Brock!

* The feeling of clean carpets.

* A freshly sterilized rug.



* Catching Josh dancing while watching "Dancing with the Stars." I can't believe he watches that show, how embarrassing.

* Josh communicating with words telling me he wants "wader" and "baaballs" (apples). Both cute and efficient!

* French Kiss on TV tonight!

The Bad:
* Having to put a naked Josh in Time-Out straight out of the bath tub.
* Not thinking he would ACTUALLY pee on my freshly cleaned carpet.
* The "cold" front that is only lowering the temps into the upper 80's.
* It takes 20 days to clip Josh's finger nails and toe nails, one day for each appendage.
* Wanting to hug a dear friend who is HUNDREDS of miles away. Boo.
* Cancelling The Office after only one week back! Such a tease NBC!

The Ugly:

Only one story can bear this dubious distinction.



This is Josh's beloved Fire Engine Push toy. It was his big 1st birthday present and he has played with /on it more than anything else in the house. Yesterday, during the 5 o'clock blues, I let Josh take it on the back patio to push around. It was nice out (in the upper 80's- grrrr), and I wanted to get some fresh air after cleaning the carpets all day. So, we are playing outside and Josh takes his fire engine along the pathway to the side gate. He was out of my eye's reach for seriously only 20 seconds (the gate is locked, so I wasn't worried about his safety). Well, seemingly, I should have been worried about other things. Later that night, Josh was again on his fire engine riding around the house. He stopped and opened up the white seat lid where he likes to hide various things like cars, sippy cups filled with milk, my cell phone, etc. Anyway, he took something out and brought it to me with a big smile on his face. I trustingly, opened my hand to let him place the object in my palm and for the LIFE OF ME I couldn't figure out what it was. Then, it hit me...... Poo. It was dog poo. Evidently, in the 20 seconds my eyes were off the child, he picked up dog poo in the back yard (with his bare hands, might I add) and hid it safely in his fire engine. Needless to say, the fire engine (and both of our hands) made a trip through the car wash and is currently drying out. Totally gross. I swear, my life is surrounded by this "stuff." I am SO tired of cleaning it up!

Please don't give up on this blog!! I promise no more poop stories. However, I live with 2 boys and 2 dogs... what do you expect??????


3 comments:

Holly said...

Hilariously disgusting. I have to admit, I was relieved. I was afraid he was going to hand you a snake, frog or other terrifying creature.

Nicole said...

I LOVE IT! josh is the best at making the funniest jokes ever. give him a hi-five for me. xoxo

Tricia said...

That is awesome!!! I love his delivery with proud face and all AND that he saved his surprise for you until you were safely back inside. Oh man, that's good stuff. I gotta say though, at least it wasn't his poop, right??