
The other day, Josh's teachers wrote on the margins of his Daily Toddler Report Card the following statement....
"Josh was very loud today before and after nap time." (smiley face)
When I read this once we got home, I didn't really know what to think of this statement. Okay, so was that a bad loud, or a good loud? Was it funny or annoying? Was he mad or sad? I gathered by the smiley face drawn to the side that Josh was not in too much trouble, but I still didn't get it. Weeeelllllll, today- I get it.

Today was a good day. Heck, it still is a good day. We beat the "H.E. double hockey sticks" out of OU and that always makes for a great day (or season). We were all a bit loud today, but Josh definitely takes the prize. He woke up this morning screaming "MA MA!!! MA MA!!!! MA MA!!!" Not a bad yell, but a cute , "I want to see you despite the early hour," yell. He had a few hours of his usual Josh talking, including telling the dogs to get "AWAY, AWAY" in a sing-song voice. Then, our guests arrived to watch the fabulous UT/OU game and the quiet was over! That is when the loud talking started and it truly didn't end until I laid him down to sleep about 10 minutes ago.

Throughout the game, he joined all the Longhorn fans as we yelled our way to a 45 - 35 Longhorn win. He clapped and jumped around the living room with the excitement of an 18 year old frat boy or someone with a whole lot of money riding on this game. He was the only kid at the party, so he stole the show- and was loving every minute of it!
"BY-DOE! BY-DOE! BY-DOE!"
(This is Josh's way of saying " thank you").
Now, I sit in silence (except for the football game on TV in the background, but I am REALLY good at tuning that noise out) and I am enjoying the quiet!

Despite the Mexican Jumping Beans that invaded my son's pants, we had a great Saturday!
And, here is a little something I found on google image that I must include because I am a mean and horrible person...

Poor Sooners.
3 comments:
waaaaaaaa! (i love that picture, too. probably means i'm going to h-e-double hockeysticks).
can't wait to hear some of this ruckus myself. bye-doe!
maybe he was jumping all around 'cuz he couldn't imagine sitting still in all that burnt orange. He knows that crimson is more his shade! After all it is a much prettier color! :) Congrats on the win by the way. Love the family photo!
kel
Post a Comment