Thursday, October 16, 2008

My little reward


Josh and I have had a busy, but great week thus far. After working on Sunday night, I woke up and assessed my never-ending to-do list for the week. I was inspired to start checking things off right away, so I headed straight to the grocery store after picking little man up from school. Bad idea. After being with his friends all morning, Josh was not too keen on being strapped into a grocery cart for an hour (even though I went to the further away store just so I could let him ride in one of those plastic car carts). We made it through the errand, but I will admit I was "that mom" in the store with "that child" that was screaming and throwing things from the cart. But, I am happy to report that we did not warrant a "wet clean up" on any aisle of the store, so all in all, it was a successful trip.



On Tuesday, Josh was reunited with his sweet girlfriend, Katie. After a week apart, they were SOOOO excited to see each other. They tackled, chased, kissed, laughed, and hugged each other a lot!

And when we got home, a V.I.P. guest arrived at our front door....




Due to Josh's extreme attachment to "BaBa," I thought it best to have a back-up on hand at all times. I forgot how soft and fluffy he was before all the baths and trips to Mother's Day Out.



Wednesday night, I hosted Bunko at my house. A big group of my NICU friends get together at a different nurse's house each month and spend the night giggling and rolling dice. It is so much fun and a great way to relieve stress after a day at work.




And today, Thursday, I got my reward for all the busyness of this week. A friend of mine hosted the most wonderfully perfect playgroup this morning. She arranged for a private massage therapist to come to her house (with her fancy table and everything) and each mom got a massage while all the other moms watched the kids. All the kids had fun playing and the mom's had fun getting pampered! The massage was great, as was the fabulous conversation and mimosas!


Tomorrow, Josh and I get to pick up Aunt Pickles from the airport and spend the whole week with her! It is our annual college girls weekend and I can't wait to spend some uninterrupted (no offense, Josh) time with my girls!


Have a great weekend everyone out there!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up Josh is....can't wait to see him and you guys soon.
MeMe/Mom

Anonymous said...

Please give Pickles a big hug from me! hope you girls have a great weekend! - devon