

This weekend was our annual trip down to Austin for the Jones' Fourth of July party. We had a great time (as we always do in Austin) with all our college friends and the many, many little ones in tow. On Saturday, Alicia and I got to sneak away from our boys ( the small ones and big ones) to catch a movie. I have been CRAVING a movie date with my friend for months! It was so fun sharing popcorn and viewing a chick flick. That night the boys had their time to relive their bachelor days with a poker night.
Sunday was the big Fourth of July party at the Jones' after a necessary trip to Kerby Lane for breakfast! Yummy! Then I met up with a good nursing school friend and she got to meet my little man. I love introducing him to people for the first time! I am a very proud mama. Off to the Jones' and what fun we had watching all the kids play outside. We put Josh in Matt's big swing and he loved it! That will go on the list of things to buy very soon. We have already picked out the perfect tree for it. Josh tried to hang with the big kids in the pool, but it didn't last long. Maybe next year. He was happy to see Brooke when she arrived. She is only a few months older and they enjoyed squealing and putting things in their mouths together. It seems like every trip to Austin results in a pretty big developmental milestone for Josh. Last month's trip was rolling over from tummy to back and vice versa. This weekend, Josh made his first crawling moves. First, he stuck that cute tushy in the air, then he looked at the cell phone he was trying to reach so he could slobber on it (good thing it's not an iPhone), he looked so determined! Then he rocked back and forth and THEN......we all waited and watched and..... he went BACKWARDS!!! I really hope this doesn't mean he will be an Aggie! But, my dear experienced mom friends told me that is what they are supposed to do... whewww, close call.
Today, Josh and I took the dogs on a walk this morning before the heavens opened, AGAIN! The rain has been unbelievable here. We are supposed to have 6 month pictures taken, but unless Josh wears a poncho, I'm not sure that will work out. I hope you all have a great day off from work and enjoy celebrating the 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment