Wednesday, July 18, 2007

While you were sleeping.




This morning, Josh refused to take his morning nap. I tried everything, but he wanted to be awake and see the world. So, I took him and the two dogs on a long walk... that ALWAYS works. Nope. Since he was awake I decided to head to the gym before the Kids Club closed. I thought surely he would sleep in the swing there. Nope. Off to the bank and to run some errands. The car ALWAYS puts him to sleep. Nope. Then, just as I drive into the garage, I hear his toy drop from his little hands; a definite sign he has fallen asleep. So, I ever so gently transfer him into his crib and there he remained for several hours. And this is what I did.....

1. Crunches- ooch.

2. Ate lunch

3. Vacuumed- I got a Dyson from my parents for my birthday! OH MY GOODNESS! The thing is incredible and I am picky about my cleaning products! The dog hair balls have no chance against this machine. I love it so much! I have vacuumed everyday since I got it.



4. Shower

5. Paid Bills- ugh!

6. Cleaned bottles.

7. Made guest room bed.

8. Wrapped birthday present for Erin.

9."Crafted"- my word for making stuff. Here is what I made:





This is a handy sign I made for our fridge. You see, every morning Chris tries to feed the dogs, but sometimes he can't cause he is running late, or Murphy won't get up to eat, (Jackson is always ready to eat). Sometimes we have a break down in communication and the dogs get fed twice or Murphy won't get fed at all. OTHER times, Jackson will "pretend" he hasn't been fed and trick me into feeding him again; seriously... this happens a lot. Now, with this sign I always know who to feed or not to feed. The bone is a magnet and Chris can put it in front of which ever one applies that morning. Neato.





This picture is of the toy holder I came up with after we went out to breakfast the other day. Josh would get a toy and play and then when he was done.. KaBoom- onto the ground. At first we thought it was funny and said, " Oh, man down Joshua!" But, after 26 KaBooms and 26 disinfectant wipes... the fun was over. I got several different lengths of (cute) ribbon and attached Velcro to them at various lengths. Then I loop one end around the toy and the other around the high chair or through a button hole of his shirt. No more KaBooms!! Hope it works!

AND, the last thing I did while Josh slept....

10. Updated this Blog.

1 comment:

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

You, my dear friend, are so crafty! I love the 'who fed the dog' idea....clever! Not to mention the toys on ribbons....