Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I've survived 6 months, and all I get are CARROTS???




Happy 6 Months Josh!!
Can y'all believe my minibaby is already 6 months??? When Josh was just a few weeks old, I had lunch with a friend and her baby was 6 months. I remember thinking how natural she was as she spoon fed, cleaned hands, answered cell phone, and ate her own lunch all at once. And she did it all with such grace and care. I was in awe over EVER being that good at being a mother. But, I thought, "I have a LONG way to go before Josh is 6 months." Today, I feel the same as I did that day at lunch! I can't believe he is half a year old. This has been the best 6 months of my life, and I have had a great life. I don't know if I am very graceful, and I don't know if I can do three hundred things at once without tripping over myself, but I do believe God put me on this earth to be Josh's mom, because I LOVE IT!


A little side note....Speaking of tripping over myself.... last night Nicole and I went to the 11:59pm viewing of the new Harry Potter movie with all the pimpled-faced teenagers and on our way out of the movie ( with about 200 other people) I TOTALLY tripped and fell on all fours. It was awesome! Today, I have a very skinned knee.... see, I'm not very graceful.


In honor of Josh's 6 month birthday today, we gave him a little treat. A cupcake? No. A bowl of Lucky Charms? No- very funny. A slice of pizza? No- this is making me hungry...... We gave him unseasoned, smashed up CARROTS! I know, we are the coolest parents. Yes, today was his first taste of real human food. Nicole and I spent about 4 1/2 hours on Tuesday making a great deal of homemade baby food which included: Apples, Apricots, Pears, Peas, Green Beans, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, and the dreaded.... Plums. Let's hope he likes some of my other cooking better than he enjoyed the carrots (see above picture). Poor thing, he literally gaged. Real lfe is so rough. The happy picture is when he saw me rinse the carrots down the drain. Okay, Josh I get the point. Tomorrow we have our Dr. appointment and I can guess our doc. won't be too worried about Josh's volume of intake. Chris and I think he will be about 21 pounds... but we will see. Guesses anyone?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha....my kynlee only weighed 18 pounds when she was 1 year old!!! :) i love big babies...they are so cute!!! ya'll come see us soon!! love ya...

Tricia said...

Alison, you are a total natural at being a mom and it suits you completely!!! I love Josh's ick face...Matt hated carrots right off the bat, too, but now he loves them. Let the food battles begin!!