

This weekend my parents came into town to help us out with Josh due to a couple of late night firm events. What lifesavers they are! Josh had a great time seeing Granny Cec and Grandpa. He was all smiles for the man he received most of his genes from... my dad ( see picture). On Friday, mom and I went shopping for an outfit for Josh for my brother's wedding in September. We also may have found several other pieces for him, just for fun. Granny Cec spoiled him and found the cutest onesie that says..."Messy" on it. Perfect for my child who has a knack for spitting and smearing baby food all over himself, the dogs, the chair, the floor, and me- of course. The baby food thing is not going that fabulous to tell you the truth. On day three of the introduction of baby food he finally swallowed some carrots, but only after I mixed them with rice cereal and breast milk. He started out crying because I was trying to feed him, but by the end he was crying because I wasn't shoveling it in his mouth fast enough. Today, we tried apples... I thought EVERY baby enjoyed apples. Well, today Josh gave me the WORST look when I tried to feed him. He pursed his little lips and turned his head away and huffed at me. "Welllll... sorry for trying to feed you. When you are a teenager you will think differently, I'm sure." We will keep trying, and trying. And getting messier and messier with each attempt.
On Saturday, Grandpa bought Josh a new toy for his 6 month birthday. However, calling it a toy does not do it justice. It is a super fun jumperoo that he LOVES! Heck, if it came in adult sizes, I would get one for myself. What a workout! He just giggles and giggles when he is in it. Fun for him, and another free 20 minutes for me while he is entertaining himself! Way to go Grandpa; we love you for that! He is spoiled, but he is allowed to be. I was telling my brother on the phone this evening how our parents were spoiling Josh and he thought it was funny; when we were growing up that did not happen. Although we were NEVER without anything we needed, my parents saved all the spoiling for their grandkids. That is the right way to do it, I think.
Today, we went for a nice breakfast to celebrate my 29th birthday! AHHH! This is my last year of being in my 20's. Wow. I can't even express how that makes me feel right now. At least not in words for a family-friendly blog. I had a great birthday, hanging out with my favorite boys and having dinner with some great friends. That is what celebrating is about- family, friends, good times, and oh yeah, molten chocolate cake a la mode. Yummmm.
Here is the link for Josh's 6 month pictures. Password is our last name in lower case letters.
They will only be up for about one or two weeks. I think they turned out great. I love the ones with the UT cap. I hate the ones with me in them. Not only was it 110 degrees and humid out, but the cuteness of my boy is hard to hang with.
PS: Dr. appointment went great. Josh DESTROYED the paper on the exam table. He weighs 19.5 lbs ( 80% ). He is slimming down a bit, it must be my cooking!
1 comment:
that's a great pic of you, josh and the gparents. love it. how fun that the irish are spoiling mini-man.
Post a Comment