Monday, July 23, 2007

Mini-Ears are nothin' but trouble!



My poor baby is sick! Oh my, I never thought my heart could break into pieces over little sneezes and moans. On Friday, Josh and I went all over visiting friends and attend a few pool parties. We were having a great time until we met one of our hostess' kitty cats. She was so sweet to let Josh pet and grab at their fur and the cats were being so tender with him. Then, I look at Josh and his eyes were running and red, his nose was like a river and he was sneezing like crazy. Good-bye cats. We headed home and I gave him a big 'ole bath to rid him of all the cat hair and oils. It would be not -so-good if our son was allergic to cats, because we have many in our extended family. But, after the bath he was hot to the touch and a little more fussy than the usual Joshua I know. I took his temp and it was 102.5! Ugh! Off to the Pedi office at 8:30pm and one hour later.... double ear infections with 10 days of antibiotics. Oh no! Poor kiddo, but what a trooper! Other than a few whines, he never let on that his ears hurt. This picture is of him just a few hours before. Does this look like a sick kid? After we got the fever down, he was his old self, giggling and flirting with Aunt Pickles. But, Josh stayed home all weekend watching the British Open with Daddy and sleeping. While Mommy played......





(top-bottom left-right):
Nicole, Tricia, Sara
Alison, Alicia




Because he was feeling better and smiling, I felt okay going to San Antonio on Saturday morning with my college "roommates". We all were members of a Christian sorority in college, and lived in a small apartment complex together. We had our own one-bedroom apartments and would meet for dinner every night. Each girl had their night to cook and host the dinner for that evening. We were like a little family away from home during our college years. This weekend was our annual time together and what fun we had! When we touched down in San Antonio it was POURING rain, and I was about to lose it! Our day was planned around laying out by the pool and sipping our margaritas... but wait, it gets better. After we checked into the fancy resort ( La Cantera ), we headed straight to the spa for our massages. It was THE BEST massage I've ever had. I wish I was Oprah so I could have this woman live with me (not really, I like being Alison). We all enjoyed our massages and were on cloud nine for hours afterward. The rain cleared while we were being pampered ( thank you, Lord), so off to the pool. We had great drinks and chips/dip while lounging in the sun reminiscing on old college memories and planning new ones for the future. I called to check on Josh only every hour or two... not so bad. After primping... we headed downtown to a nice steak house for an intense meal. We laughed how our husbands would be so jealous that we were having steaks for dinner. The meal was great, but the company was better. We had so much fun giggling and, I am sure, making a scene. Our picture even made the Ruth Chris Website. We had planned on going to the Riverwalk, but who are we kidding... we are old and we were tired. Back to the hotel... more gabbing and lights out. We all slept in ( no kids!) on Sunday morning and went to the hotel brunch.... is there ANYTHING better than hotel buffets??? Next, shopping. What is a girl's weekend without some shopping? We hit the shops before we were off to the airport. Good times. What a great weekend we had! These girls are my best friends and it's times like this weekend that remind me why. We are so different individually, but mesh together so well. I hope everyone has friendships like these in their lives. I know these girls will always be in my life and on my side, and I take such comfort in that. I almost didn't go this weekend, but I am glad I did. I came home to a smiling baby ( who is basically crawling now, how things change in 36 hours!!) and a sniffy, but wonderful husband. Life is good.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

i am so glad that you had such a great weekend...wow...it is fun to see a picture of all of those girls!! maybe i can see YOU soon!!