Monday, July 9, 2007

A pirate and his booty








We have had quite a few days of fun here. The rain cleared up for about a minute and a half, so we took advantage of it. Josh loves to sit on his blanket and play outside. It seems that Josh did not inherit my "come on mosquitoes... bite my ankles" skin. He is yet to get big bites, thank goodness. They haven't figured out just how sweet he is yet.


On Saturday, Josh and I went to the Farmer's Market with Aunt Pickles. It was our first time to go and we were impressed with the spread of fresh fruits and veggies. As you can see from the picture above, Josh was lookin' way cool in his pirate onesie Nicole got in trendy NYC. Doesn't it look like something Gwenn Stefani would put her son in? I am SO almost as cool as Gwenn Stefani!! We stocked up on a great deal of produce because tomorrow Nicole and I are going to make a bunch of baby food for Josh. Nicole has done a lot of research on what foods to introduce when and which foods to stay away from. Did you know you can't give babies spinach or beets because the iron will interfere with the blood's Hemoglobin content?? Didn't know that. I was going to purchase a baby food making cook book, but Nicole laughed and said... " step one:bake/steam, step two: puree, step three: feed." I can handle that. We got carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, peaches, plums, apples, and I even found some Jacksonville tomatoes for Chris to enjoy. Then, after filling our bags with healthy produce, Nicole and I met Chris for a big greasy hamburger. Perfect .


Saturday night, I had to work so Chris kidnapped Joshua and took him home to his parent's house. It was Chris' Papa' s 87th birthday, so they had a big Sunday feast in honor of him. From what I understand, Joshua put on quite a giggling show for the family. Josh also had fun meeting Granny Gayle's new puppy, Hersey. It probably confused Josh, since this dog is only the size of Jackson's wet snout. A perfect example of how God makes us in all different sizes.

No comments: