SWIM.
I think we may have a little triathlete on our hands. Josh may not yet understand how to spike a football, swing a golf club, or shoot a hoop, but he has the basic sports down. He finished his swimming classes a few weeks ago and can now glide solo across the short side of the pool using his mighty kicking abilities. He loves being in the water and asks almost daily if the pool water is warm enough to take a swim.
BIKE.
I scored this awesome Spiderman bike at a consignment sale and thought it would be a while before Josh got the hang of it. Boy, was I wrong! He took off down the street and I had to run to catch up with him. We talked to Josh about bike safety; looking for cars, wearing your helmet, etc. Now, when we come upon a parked car on our street, he says, "Oh, it's ok. That car is sleeping."
RUN.
When Josh was riding his bike today, he said, "I'm on a super fast bike ride, like my daddy!" When he finished a neighborhood fun run on Saturday, he said, "I ran and got all sweaty like mommy." So, to recap... Chris is fast and I am sweaty.
Josh had a blast at our neighborhood's 5K and Fun Run. It is organized by the junior women's league that I am a part of, so I was working the registration table while Chris and Josh were walking the 1 mile course. Seemingly, Katie took the lead this time and pulled Josh along the race route. Look at Josh's super sporty outfit. Hilarious.
It was a very successful year for our little neighborhood race. I hear we raised over $50,000 and had over 800 runners register for the 5k! All that money will go towards the city's budget used to beautifying the neighborhood parks our children enjoy everyday! Not only did our neighborhood win thanks to all the support, but so did I! I came in 3rd place in my age division (20-25... just kidding) and my friend Lacy (picture above) came in 2nd!! It was both exciting and embarrassing to get up on stage, but at least I had my friend up there with me!
It was fun watching you beat me senseless, Lacy!!!!
While I was racing in the 5K, Chris took Josh around the carnival. He was thrilled to be in the fire engine and meet the fire fighters.
(Look at how cute he is with that sweatband... I can't handle the cuteness!)
I believe Josh's favorite things went in this order...
1. Free Donut and Breakfast Bar Table
2. Meeting the Chicken Play Cow in person.
3. Chasing a poor chicken in the petting zoo.
4. Riding the pony.
5. Bounce House jumping.

4 comments:
Looks to me like he is ready for his first contest! Moving your feet is the first thing to conquer, the ball thing will come. No worries. Love the pictures of the little man. And congratulations, Alison. Did you get another trophy? ~granee
I LOVE the wristbands. I hope he'll be sporting them this weekend.
you're on a roll, now alison - the trophies/medals are going to come flooding in! :)
-erin
Al: You're going to need a new, strong shelf for all your trophies, and of course, Chris' also.
And, then we have Josh, the mini-marathoner!
Mom
Post a Comment