JOSH
... thinks toothpaste is candy.
... has a sense of humor. Josh loves to make jokes. They are not "knock, knock" jokes, but rather whatever he finds funny. Right now, he thinks it is fun to combine words that wouldn't usually go together. For example, the other day he wanted, a "waffle zebra" for breakfast and later asked for "tater feet" for a snack.
... is an encourager. When we arrive home and I put the car in park, Josh says, "You did a good job driving Mommy. Did you use two hands?" I usually ignore that last question and just say thank you.
... hates bugs. I am talking an intense, girly-hatred towards bugs. I don't know WHERE he learned it.
... does not like a mess. He is one that will cry over spilled milk.
... is observant. If he says, "Hey look! A police car!!!" You best decrease your speed by 5 miles an hour.
... is figuring "things" out. Recently, he went through all his friends and family and labelled them a 'boy' or a 'girl.' "Luke is a boy. Ava is a girl. Betsy is a girl. John is a boy. Daddy is a boy." When he listed everyone he knows EXCEPT Katie, I was very curious and asked, "What about Katie?" Josh said, "Katie is a princess."
... favorite color is green.
... thinks I have super powers. When it's windy, he asks me to make the wind stop. When his favorite song is not on the radio, he asks me to make it come on. When the peanut butter is all out, he asks me to make it come back. When I tell him our beach trip is months away, he asks me to make it be tomorrow.
... is charming.
... is sensitive.
... likes Lady GaGa and Justin Timberlake.
... has a good sense of direction. He can point out where to turn for Toys R Us (go figure), Katie's house, school, church, etc.
... is not a morning person. He is an ungodly early and very grouchy riser.
... loves words. His new favorite game is the spelling bee game. In the car, from the time we leave the drive-way to the time we get back home, he will ask me to spell everything we see. "Mommy, can you spell stop sign? Mommy can you spell garbage truck?"
... may watch a bit too much TV. We keep ourselves really busy. This is not a great thing, but it's how we roll. We usually have plans before and after nap time everyday. Since his Spring Break week of illness (and TV watching), he has been saying the funniest thing when we are talking about out day's schedule. "Right now is Target and coming up next is the gym!!!!"
... prefers instruments over balls.
... is enthusiastic. Josh's excitement meter is constant, regardless of the triggers. He could find out he won a trip to Disneyland or find an old, dried-up, nasty fruit snack on the floor board of the car and the reaction would be the same.
... is stinkin' cute. Ok, this may or may not be a matter of opinion. I will let you decide.
3 comments:
I love a child with a good memory! You will have fun for years to come. My mom "loves" when i remind her of things from a long time ago.
I don't think that the last point is debatable. Facts are facts and dude is CUTE! xoxo
I'm with Nicole on cute, but BEWARE kids 'remember' from their own perspective not necessarily from truth! And green IS definitly the best. granee
Post a Comment