Sunday, April 18, 2010

Just a taste of our busy week.




Josh and Katie's first date night. (Chaperones present, no worries).

We had an extra ticket to a Beatles cover band concert at the Arboretum last week, so Josh asked Katie if she could come with us. Her parent's were nice enough to lend her to us for the evening. Josh was excited to sing "Eight Days a Week" to Katie under the starry sky. Leading up to the concert, I swear the kids really thought they were going to see the real Beatles. Tough topic to discuss, so we just focused on the songs.

Future family-in law portrait? Maybe, just maybe. Katie, I have the perfect example of a wonderful mother-in-law, you are as lucky as I am.

When we picked up sweet Katie, she looked adorable in her pretty sun dress and shiny sandles. She was so excited. During the car ride, the conversation flew smoothly; a sign of a good first date. It is so funny to hear their little conversations.
K: "My daddy is on a big airplane right now."
J: "Airplanes are cool. They live at the airport. What's your daddy's name?"
K: "Brent."
J: "Oh, yeah. I know a Brent too." (Referring to Katie's daddy, Brent, of course).
K: "I made a flower at school."
J: "You have flowers on your dress."
K: "Yeah, I do."
And so on, and so on.

Like a proper gentleman, Josh toasted his sweet date before the meal.
Just chillin' with their chicken nuggets.

Just plain adorable. This was not posed, I swear. They are naturally this cute together.

Once the sunset, these two found their dancing feet and ran down the big hill to dance in front of the stage. I must say, they were both devastated that we had to leave before "The Beatles"
sang Yellow Submarine. Josh did serenade Katie on the way home though, so that made up for it. It was a very fun night.


This weekend, our friends Amber and Josh brought their two kids, Mason and Anslee, for a visit.

"Big Josh" is a handy guy for a living (he builds big, beautiful homes... from the ground up).
So, we used him for his skills to install our new double oven! "We".... ha, ha... Amber and I went to Target when the oven installation was taking place. More on the oven at a later date.
The kids are the cute part of the story.


Josh was so excited for Mason to come stay at our house. He "talked" to Mason repeatedly on one of my old cell phones making sure he was still going to come play for the weekend. Of course, when Mason arrived wearing the same Life is Good T shirt that Josh has, he insisted on matching Mason.
It was a rainy weekend, but we were able to catch a trip to the park. The kids had a great time speeding around on their wheels and seeing who could swing the highest. No broken bones or hurt feelings, so it was a successful park visit.

Whew! It was a busy week for us. I think we did more this past week than we had in the entire month of March. Too much to blog about today. I am at least 4 or 5 posts behind as it is! Needless to say, we are going to be laying low for a few days. We hope you are enjoying the warmer weather. If anyone is tight with Mother Nature, can you ask her to keep the 80's and skip the 100 degree days that are about to come?


4 comments:

Jaime said...

Aww...love the pictures from the weekend! My blog is not near as interesting as yours. :) It was great to see you guys. If you get the chance, I would love to have some of the pics from the weekend...my email is jprewitt528@yahoo.com. Have a great week!

Nicole said...

Those two just keep getting cuter and cuter. Who doesn't love a romantic nugget picnic?

Erin Basden said...

they look SO grown up!! what is happening??? thank you again so much for taking her - she had a blast and is still talking about it.

Tricia said...

WHITE legs. It burns.

stj