Saturday, November 28, 2009

Obsessed


Here are some random things I am currently obsessed with...



Using The Elf on the Shelf as bribery for Josh's good behavior.
Check the tradition out HERE. Some may consider it bad parenting, but it's totally fun and effective. We are on day two and so far, we love it.





Our favorite new TV shows.
I heart Joel McHale. Hilarious.

Caldrea Laundry Detergent in Basil Blue Sage.
I wash our sheets, towels, and my favorite sweatshirt in this stuff and it makes everything soft and cozy.


Planters Brittle Nut Mix.
I have only found it at Target. If you live by me I can assure you our Target is sold out, because, as you see, I have bought every last container.
So sorry.

Praying God's Word, by Beth Moore.
Gets me through the day.

Red Glittery Christmas Candles.
I can't get enough of them, they make me smile real big.

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo/Conditioner.
Mint Shampoo + scalding hot shower = instant relaxation.

Home Goods, the home decor version of TJ Maxx.
It is a decorating mecca. I purchased these beautiful lamps (with shades) for only $25 each! Score!

Pumpkin Butter Bars.
You can thank William Sonoma and their naughty store samples for this one.

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
  3. Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish.
  4. Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
  5. Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
  6. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
  7. Cool to room temp and serve.
  8. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Phil said...

um. that recipe looks awesome. Anna.....

Phil said...

...have you ever watched "Arrested Development". One of the best, funniest shows ever made- too bad it was cancelled after the third season.

Unknown said...

Pickles made the pumpkin bars too- they are so delicious!

Nicole said...

i love your favorite things! i have also already eaten my weight in pumpkin bars this season. glad i bought that second jar of pumpkin butter to eat by the spoonful late at night...