Thursday, November 5, 2009

Story Time Part II


  • In order to spice up Josh's lunch one boring and rainy day, I used cookie cutters to cut his PB&J sandwich into little moons and stars. He was pretty thrilled until he accidentally knocked over the plate (he and his clumsiness is soooo my son) and all the star sandwiches fell onto the floor. He looked at me in utter panic and screeched...
"OH NO!!! I dropped my Starbucks on the floor!"


  • The other day when Granee and Pa were at our house, Granee used the ladies' room and when she got out Josh ran up to her, presented her with a M&M and said, " Good Job going potty, Granee!"


  • I went to "Chicken Play "(Chick Fil A) drive-thru to pick up a quick lunch. I ordered a milk for Josh's kids meal and the lady on the intercom said, "Would you like plain or chocolate milk with that?" Josh screamed from the back seat, "CHOCOLATE, PLEASE!!!" and the lady said, "Ok, thank you. Please drive to the first window." I was swiftly excused from making that decision for him and Josh enjoyed his chocolate milk with a smirk on his face.
  • I got Josh these super cool new jeans the other day. They are all worn and grunge-looking, because that is the impression I like for my son to make. We were driving in serious traffic and from the backseat Josh yells, "Aww Man!!! Murphy and Jackson got my pants! Look, Mommy!!" I strain to see what he was talking about and saw that he was all stressed about the fake hole in the knee of his new jeans. I told him that it wasn't the dog's fault and that's the style that's "IN" right now. He got extremely upset, "Noooo!!! I don't like the style! Take them off!" And that was the end of those jeans. Well, at least for a few days until he forgot about that trauma. Oh goodness.



  • A conversation between me and Josh. Uncle Phil (who lives in Brooklyn, NY) and Nicole (aka: "Nooklyn") will certainly appreciate this one.

J: "Where does Uncle Phil live?"

Me: "Uncle Phil lives with Aunt Anna in New York."

Silence.

J: "No he doesn't! He lives in Nooklyn!"

Bless his heart. Josh is going to grow up so confused with all the silly nicknames he hears and clothes we dress him in.





2 comments:

Phil said...

starbucks. that's funny.

Nicole said...

oh wow. that's amazing. (he also kept repeating before the race last weekend: "i wanna go to star-booooks. i wanna go to star-booooks." very very very very very very very awesome.