Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Boy oh Boy!

Chris and Josh headed to Austin for a boys-only weekend and the to-do list was immense! There were parties that needed attending, UT football games that needed watching, unhealthy food that needed eating, bounces houses that needed bouncing, and grandparents that needed kissing.
First stop was Matt's FOURTH birthday party! Happy Birthday, Matt-You!! It was a Curious George Party and Josh loved it! He has told me all about the ginormous bounce house and the yummy Curious George cake. He said, "I love Curious George cakes, Mommy. I love Wonder Pets cakes and Super Why cakes too, Mommy." Ha! I think he is giving me some not -so- subtle hints for his upcoming birthday. However, I have already purchased the Lightening McQueen cake pan, so Lightening McQueen is what he will be getting!!!


Chris and Josh descended on the sleepy town of Wimberly next and I am sure made quite the entrance. Josh loves playing with the toys and race car at Granee and Pa's house, but I think he loves the big hugs and kisses (and chocolate milk) he receives even more.

Sunday night, my quiet house was invaded by my loud and messy boys, and I couldn't have been happier. Josh didn't have school on Monday so we decided to plan our own day of education at the Children's Museum. We took the train downtown and the boys had the BEST time running on the train platform, waving at the trains as they zoomed passed us, and fighting over the window seats on the train. The Moms had the "BEST" time keeping the boys from running on the train platform, not getting hit by a train as the trains zoomed passed us, and keeping the boys from hitting each other as they fought over the window seats on the train.
I asked Josh to act like a dinosaur. He really got into character as he sprinted towards me and my camera roaring and attacking. Hopefully he was playing the part of a herbivore and not a carnivore.

Josh was so proud of this giant fire-engine puzzle he put together at the museum. He did it with very little help from me, as I have learned I am not so talented in the puzzle-making department. I would place a piece in the wrong spot and Josh would grab it from me and say, "No silly mommy, it goes here!" and put it in it's proper position. Are you smarter than a preschooler?? No, no I am not.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Okay, I love Josh's screaming face at the train station. So awesome.