
"I am Robot. I need treat."
Mom made me a robot costume for Halloween this year. I even had the act down by dancing around saying, "Beep Boo Bop Boo Beep!" I couldn't wait to wear it to go trick-or-treating. More on that later. For now, I will have to start on Friday night when the madness of this weekend began....
Friday:
On Friday night, Mom and Dad got dressed up silly and went to a couple of wild parties with a bunch of other old parent-types. Dad went as "Chris Brown" the rapper and Mom was his unfortunate beat-up girlfriend, "Rhianna." I was a bit freaked out by Mom's black wig and matching black eye, but I was sure to say, "Mommy, you look cute" just to make her feel better. When she tucked me in that night in full costume, I was worried about the big boo-boo on her eye and said, "Uh-Oh Mommy, what happened?" She assured me she was okay. But then, I really got scared when I saw Daddy in that God-awful hoodie and bright purple shirt! What is going on around here????
Mom and Dad had a great night out on the town at their parties. Everyone was dressed in great costumes. Mom's favorite was the guy dressed as a massive box of wine that actually dispensed real wine. If I know my mom, I bet she stuck close to that guy all night. Dad's favorite was the couple dressed as Dirk Nowitzki and his convict girlfriend. They partied until way past their bedtime. I still can't believe so much happens after I go to bed at night.
Saturday:
We started the day off in high style at Meagan's Birthday/Halloween Party. I made a grand entrance in my Robot costume, but I was D.O.N.E. wearing it after 5 minutes when I saw the bounce house in the backyard. We bounced away the morning and started the infusion of sugar for the day by eating quite possibly the best birthday cake I've ever tasted. The sugar eventually wore off and I was more than ready for my nap...
When I woke up from my nap, Pickles was at my house!! YESSS!!! She drove into town so she could escort me trick-or-treating. Smart lady since candy is involved. Pickles always brings me the coolest presents when she comes into town. This time she brought me a giant book about funny pretend things that go, like alligator cars, pickle trucks, and banana boats. She also brought me this cool stuff called silly string to play with. I'll tell you what, that stuff will make me giggle. Pickles had a fun time spraying me with it and I had a fun time spraying mommy.
At dusk, it was finally the time I had been waiting for all month! Trick or treating! Adults giving me dozens of pieces of candy for no real good reason other than being the coolest- looking robot ever... sounds good to me!!! Mommy and Daddy went in their costumes as well, but no one was giving them candy.
Obviously, I won the family costume contest.
"J-BOT" the Robot
Coming...
Going....

The back of my costume involved careful wiring of 7 packs of battery-operated Christmas lights. Mommy was awfully concerned that she would set me on fire, but I made it through the night without incident. People could see me coming from far away and would shout out "Hey, look at that Robot!" Not to brag, but I was the talk of the street... and I loved every minute of it.
I was kind of shy asking for the treats, but I got the job done. Some of the people scared me, like this skeleton in the rocking chair. Spooky.
I loved hanging out with all my friends. Here we are with the Blaisdell twins who were dressed in their candy corn outfits. They were pretty cute. Rebecka couldn't take her eyes off of me. She knows a good looking robot when she sees one.
I met a new friend along the way down the street. He was a nice young chap, but he kept trying to "push my buttons." He claimed to be quite the golfer, according to his parents and was named Phil Mickelson (minus the man boobs).
After Trick or Treating we went to Katie's house to party the night away with a big bucket of candy and hundreds of big kids trick-or treating. I had fun running laps around the yard and screaming like a crazy person. Must have been the combination of the sugar and cool weather that got me so excited.
Sunday:
Sunday morning, Daddy, Pickles and I went to Mommy's race to watch her run. This picture was when she ran straight up to me on the side of the road and gave me a big hug! She looks almost as crazy in this picture as she did on Halloween!
I think my hugs kept Mommy going the rest of the race!
My job here is done!
Mommy had the greatest fans at the race! We held big signs and yelled really loud for her at three different points along the half marathon race route. She got a medal for finishing and a nice man gave me one too!!! With all the running and cheering I felt like I ran a half marathon and needed nap, but the day must go on.... more fun planned!

I woke up from a massive nap to Granee and Pa sitting in my playroom! What a fabulous surprise. We played for a little while before they had to leave for the night. As soon as they left we had a hot dog and S'mores party with some friends! Wow! What a great weekend we had! I don't know if I will ever recover!


6 comments:
Al- Josh's costume is amazing!!
hope to see you soon- devon
J bot ruled the street, for sure! So glad I got to see you all this weekend. xoxo (beep boop beep)
Well done on the race AL. That costume is the bomb.
....and the Rianna / Chris brown thing is about the funniest thing I've seen all year. Still laughing about that one.
I came back to check out the pics again. man is that costume so awesome. Way to go Josh-bot.
Al....and Josh..
Great costume Mr. J.! Al, Barn says you ran an 8.53 minute mile!
47 out of 348 ain't half bad
Way to go, Al.
MeMe and Barn
Alison, you are amazing. Congrats on an awesome run! And, I LOVE Josh's J-Bot costume. Brilliant.
Post a Comment