
It's Halloween week and the sugar is already kicking in. Josh is loving the Halloween festivities this year. It amazes me how frustrating this job called "parenting" can be one minute and the very next minute be the most fun thing in the world. For example, while we were at the pumpkin patch, Josh was picking up the biggest pumpkins he could find and throwing them as far as he could resulting in some seriously dirty looks from the Arboretum staff. Then, two minutes later he gave me this adorable smile and said "I do love penguins, mommy." And by penguins, he meant "pumpkins." He gets those words mixed up. No shame in that, Josh.

We had a great time carving penguins, I mean pumpkins, the other night. Chris crafted a lovely and classic Jack-O-Lantern face and I carved a Longhorn. Josh was so helpful, as you can see from this picture. This was the moment Josh scooped up a spoonful of nasty, slimy pumpkin seeds and flung them across the kitchen.

My favorite pumpkin is the one in the monkey PJs.
Halloween week at school!
Josh's teachers put on super party for the kids yesterday and I am the lucky room mom who got to be there to take pictures and help the kids trick or treat around the church.
The kids were so darn cute asking for treats from the church staff. I think they were all a bit confused as to why they were getting all the candy they could ever want, but no one was arguing.
We will leave you with another video of our little vocalist singing his favorite Halloween song... props and all.
"To scare some folks on Halloween,
I'll tell you what I'll do.
I'll hide behind this pumpkin head,
And then I'll shout, "BOO!"

2 comments:
Loved the song Al. Not bad on the penguin carving either! Did you cheat and use a template or was that thing freehand?!?! Awesome!
You are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment