Oh happy day.
It wasn't pretty, but we got the job done.
Hook 'em Horns.
Chris scored himself an awfully nice ticket to the TX/OU game at the 11th hour. Chris' high school buddy works for the UT football team and was able to get Chris and some other friends into the game on the 40th yard line. They had a great time watching the game and getting sun burned. After acting like the "grown" men they are at the fair, they headed out on the town with all the youngsters. I didn't ask too many questions, but it sounded like they had a good time.
Meanwhile, my little longhorn and I donned our burnt orange and had a lazy day watching the game together. Josh napped away the second half of the game while I was biting my nails and watching my hair turn grey until the end. Josh is now an expert at singing "The Eyes of Texas" and will gladly walk up to strangers wearing any form of Longhorn apparel and give them the horns. I love that his Longhorn spirit has peaked just in time for football season. Perfect timing, Josh!
Just to be cruel to ourselves, we decided to save our family day at the fair for TX/OU weekend and closing day. Actually, we were there right when the gates opened and it was a perfect day for the fair! The weather was amazing and all the other fair-goers seemed to be coming in as we were leaving that afternoon so we got very lucky!
Our first stop at the fair was the John Deere Tractor booth to get Josh a new T shirt. The nice lady behind the counter handed him a "John Deere Toy Catalog" and you would think she had given him a Nobel Peace Prize or something else very much deserved. Despite the massive fair rides, cotton candy displays, millions of stuffed animals to beg for, hundreds of people to look at, and a show room filled with cars, Josh was happy chillin' in his stroller looking through that John Deere Toy book. Thank goodness his ticket was free.
WeeHoo!
Josh was quick to find his favorite race car ride and insist on experiencing the joy of whiplash all over again.
A definite highlight of the fair was taking Josh on his first Ferris Wheel ride. He loved looking down from the very tip top and seeing all the rides and lights below us. I didn't love that part too much, but I loved seeing Josh's big eyes as he took in the sights as far as his eyes could see. Another highlight of our fair day was seeing John M. and his family! Josh loves his school buddies. I love that Christine shared her fried cookie dough ball of goodness with me.
Good Lord have Mercy is that stuff yummy.
Fall fun is finally here!
We love the cool weather, afternoons at the park, football games, and (my favorite) pumpkin spice lattes.
We hope you are loving this time of year as much as we are!

5 comments:
Um, I checked my phone...it didn't ring. (Jealous)
stj
Thank you for sharing your hubby with us this weekend. Would have only been better if everyone could have come! Chris screamed like a girl on the fair rides Sat. as well, don't let him lie to you!!! Josh is adorable and I look forward to seeing this costume! Love you guys,
Big josh
I got my John Deere toy catalog too. So awesome.
hook 'em horns, joshie!
Was Josh doing crafts during the Longhorn game or why is he holding a ruler?! =)
Post a Comment