
On Sunday we realized we hadn't seen Josh's head explode out of excitement in a day or two, so we headed to Truck Time. It is a magical event planned especially for boys like mine. All the city trucks, tractors, garbage trucks, ambulances, and fire engines get bathed and fancied up to be shown off for the day. Yes, even the garbage truck came presentable to this party. There were limos, mini cars, big cars, and even ... wait for it... A CAR TRANSPORTER!!!
Head explosion complete.
(Please note Josh's bright blue mouth compliments of a bright blue Icee Popsicle he got from the nice people who owned one of those massive freezer trucks that transport things like... well, Icee Popsicles.)
Josh was only too happy to climb up on top the fire engine.
A long time ago, I taught him a little prayer to say when we see an emergency vehicle. I didn't think he was really listening to me, but now he does his best to recite it...
"God, help the people to the hospital and the people helping the people to the hospital and the people in the hospital and help the ambulance and the fire fighters in trouble and in the hospital and the people hurt in the hospital....."
It continues for quite some time. It's an awfully long prayer. Cute, cute, cute.
There was even a neonatal transporter to look at, so I got to teach Josh all about what I do when I leave him every Sunday night. I am sure he thinks I take care of stuffed teddy bears instead of actual tiny humans, but whatever. My nursing friends will be glad to know that he turned the transfusion pump on while fiddling with the buttons. Shhh, don't tell CMC's transport team.
Josh had to play the part of a tough trucker when we put him up on this big, shiny 18- wheeler, hence the scowl on his face. There was another little boy sitting in the driver's seat that pulled the horn and scared the bejesus out of Josh (and me) right after this picture was taken. It took a while to get his smile back after that scare, but he pulled through and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon quite nicely.
3 comments:
Is Josh thinking of becoming either a fireman, policeman or maybe a Nascar driver? Josh has seen so much so far, what a lucky boy to have a great Mom and Dad.
MeMe
How awesome is that?? Sounds like a great time. Boy wonderland.
HONK HONK! I need an icee popsicle!
Post a Comment