Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up.
Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10
********************************
This time of year, I make a list of the things I am thankful for, because that is what you do at Thanksgiving, right? When I sat down to start typing, I had a really hard time thinking about what I am thankful for this year. I guess you could safely say, I am not in the holiday spirit this year. However, after thinking over the past 6 months (which will go down in the books as my worst ever), I realized I have more to be thankful for this year than ever before.
I try really hard to make this blog fun and carefree, focusing on Josh's endlessly funny antics. The truth is, life is not fun all the time and the purpose of my blog is to document reality.
I have had a hard time finding my smile lately. Those of you that know me and have spent 30 seconds with me, know that I haven't been myself for a long while. However, the thick gray fog has been lifted and is now a mere, annoying cloud camped out above my head, but I fully expect it to clear... one of these days.
So, without further ado, Al's blessings of 2009...
My family and friends.
I know, I know, completely unoriginal and cliche, right? But, this year more than ever I have truly felt what the power of love and sincere concern can do. Josh's sweet hugs and kisses coming at just the right moment. Chris' ENDLESS patience and comfort showing me what true love really is. My sweet dad driving 8 hours just to have a 1 hour lunch with me. My mom's frequent phone calls and cards in the mail. My big brother's funny texts making fun of me and telling me he loves me all at the same time. Pickles' never ending presence no matter what state she is in, bless her heart. My in-laws unfailing prayers and unconditional love. My friends. Oh, my dear, sweet friends, who have reached out to me everyday, in every way, even when I was pushing everyone away. There were many days that I would get 4 or 5 emails and calls from random friends telling me that they cared about me and loved me. Friends that have cried with me and begged me to smile for them. And friends that have given me big hugs of joy when they see me smiling again. Yes, I am blessed abundantly this year thanks to most of you that are reading this blog post. You know who you are, and I am forever grateful to you for taking such good care of me when I needed you the most. Thank you for showing me love, family and friends. YOU are my greatest blessings this Thanksgiving.
I love you all so much.
*************************************
Art work done by my sweet and most favorite turkey, Josh.
(Any other parents out there have 5 or 6 of these adorable hand print Turkeys adorning their refrigerators? Seriously, my fridge looks like a turkey farm.)
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
The boys are going to visit the family and enjoy Granee's amazing cooking. Josh loves him some sweet potato casserole (he gets that from me).
Sadly, I have to work the holiday so I'll be stuck at home with a bowl of cereal, but I hope to have some awesome pictures of Josh devouring a massive plate of food and/or singing The Eyes of Texas to his Aggie Uncle Tim.
We hope you all have a very wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving!

7 comments:
Beautifully written, and very though- provoking, my sweet. You are definitely blessed,loved deeply, and prayed for by all of us who care for you, Chris and Josh.
Always,
Mom
it makes all of us so happy when you are happy! thank YOU for being such a good friend to all of us.
You are beautiful, talented, a good friend and I LOVE to see you smile.
xoxo,
Jaime
Thanks for being so honest. We are thankful for you. You are one of the most sincere and genuine people I know and I pray God continues to lift that cloud from your head. Words I have been living by: Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving.
You are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside, sweet Alison. Thank you for naming me as one of your blessings. That was a very nice thing to hear today.
oh my, you are precious to me. and i am thankful for you and chris and mb (and your families, and your house, and your shower, and starBOOKS... but this isn't my blog). you are my heart, dear al!
Ali...EVERYONE that knows you loves you. The babies are lucky to have you to spend their Turkey Day/Night with (Ill be there too). Much love and many prayers...NIk~
Post a Comment