Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Race Day

This weekend Josh participated in his first race. He did more sitting in his red wagon than racing, but he still got a TShirt out of the deal. There was a carnival afterward and he was all over that! He loved the petting zoo, but didn't love the rooster that cock-a-doodle-do'd right in his ear. He loved watching the big kids on the bounce house, but didn't love the Chick-Fil-A Cow that was walking around hugging everyone. I, however, loved the Chick-Fil-A cow because he gave me a coupon for a free sandwich.
Thank you very much.
After the race, we raced across town to attend the Habitat for Humanity House dedication. Chris (and a bunch of other handy lawyers) built this home from the ground up. It turned out to be a beautiful day and the house looked great! Chris was the co-chair for the home project this year. That means he spent the past 13 Saturdays building the house. He also was in charge of the ceremony. I was in the crowd with Josh and we watched and listened to Chris talk about the months of work that took place to build the house. In the middle of everything and everyone, Josh pointed to Chris and shouted out "DA DA DA DA DA DA!!" That is how Josh ended up on the patio with all the important people and the new homeowner as she received the keys to her new house! What a special moment for all involved.


Here is Chris in front of the house. Doesn't it look great?!?! Way to go, Chris!

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." Matthew 25:35


Josh had a super fun day at school this week. His teachers noticed his Micheal Jackson moves and said he was in an extremely good mood. I love this picture of him. That backpack is heavier than he is, but he insisted on carrying it around the house anyway.


I have learned that although my house is Joshua-proofed, I can't let the little guy out of my ear or eye shot for very long. This morning, I was playing with Josh when the phone rang. I jumped up to get it and was a jabbering away when I realized I hadn't heard Josh in a while. Uh-Oh. I investigated further and found this.....
...somehow he made it past the bathroom baby gate, into the tub (without killing himself), turned the water on (cold, thank goodness),and proceeded to fill up this blue cup and pour it all over himself and his PJs (several times by the amount of water involved).
Trouble.

3 comments:

jamas said...

Tell Chris I could put him to work anytime!!! Josh is getting so big! Miss you guys.

Big Josh

Nicole said...

Way to go, handyman CAB! That's quite an achievement.

Miniman and Norah sitting in a tree... what will Katie think?

xoxo

The Palmer Family said...

I miss y'all!!! - Rebecca