Hi everyone. It's Josh.
Please don't tell my mom I am posting this on my blog. I'm not allowed to press the buttons on the computer, but this is an emergency. I think my parents are going crazy. Let me explain...
For the past 15 months, it has been easy living here at my house. I have had a live-in chef, maid, accountant, nurse, lawyer, teacher, secretary and chauffeur. I had someone to entertain me every waking hour and someone who gets me anything I need or want. HOWEVER, this week things around here have changed. All of a sudden, my parents are expecting so much from me. I think they are taking advantage of me. You judge for yourself if these are appropriate child-rearing activities:
On Friday, they made me stay up late to hang a new ceiling fan out on the patio. Those things are really heavy!! Not to mention the rotating blades of death and extreme heights I had to climb. And they didn't even let me wear my pants! Now, that is just plain embarrassing! Come on people, what if the neighbors see!!
The next day, they made me get up early and vacuum the entire house. Okay, I admit, I had fun doing that chore. I love pushing things around the house. They even got me a mini-vacuum so I wouldn't have any trouble getting the work done.
Ahhh, a nice day outside with the family. Nope, think again. They had fun running all over the grass while I had to carry the video camera bag for them. Look at me- it looks like I am carrying a "man purse." Geesh!
To thank me for all my hard work, Mommy decided to spin me in the air. I almost lost my lunch.
I bet I would have had to clean that up too!!!
Thankfully, they let me take a ten minute break for a cool drink.
Next on my list was cutting the grass. Thanks to the big dogs, we don't have much living grass. I don't' know why they need this big riding mower, but I sure look cool on it. My Uncle Tim would be so very proud.

They even have me answering their phone calls and I can't even talk yet!!! Doesn't it say somewhere in one of those parenting books not to set high expectations of your kids?

Little do they know, I found myself a cute girl and we are going to ride off into the sunset together.
No more chores for me!!!!
1 comment:
Ok, that was hysterical. Thank you! Josh - can we trade places? I want a live-in everything!!!
Post a Comment