Thursday, April 17, 2008

Indisputable evidence



The other day I was walking around the house searching everywhere for the phone that was ringing off the hook. I couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually, the poor caller gave up. I'm sorry, if it was you, but it was probably just the blood bank wanting my blood- they stalk me. Anyway, as I am going room to room, I realize how my environment has changed in the past 15 months.

********************************************************
Evidence that a Kid is living amongst us....


EXHIBIT ONE




A sea of brightly colored plastic has flooded my home.


For those that know me well, you know that I am a little OCD about the tidiness of my house. Pre-Josh days, this picture would have sent me into a panic attack. At first, I would walk behind him picking up toys and placing them in there designated basket ( balls in the ball basket, blocks in the block basket, etc.). Now, I only put the toys up if I have to vacuum the floor hidden underneath all of them. I don't even organize the toys into their assigned baskets anymore. Really- what is the point?

EXHIBIT TWO

What should we watch today?

Pre-Josh days, we would keep all our favorite episodes of The Office and Lost on our DVR so we can watch them at our will. We still record those shows, of course, but they get deleted right after viewing in order to keep room for the more important shows, like Veggie Tales and The Backyardigins.


EXHIBIT THREE


Honey, where are the wine glasses?

My dishwasher used to be used to get my GLASSES and mugs sparkly clean. Now, it's purpose is to sterilize Josh's plastic ware.


THE VERDICT:



Life is definitely better with colored plastic and The Backyardigans.

No comments: