This week we were very busy.
Things to do, people to see.
Thing to do #1: Make work of Art to be sold for thousands some day.
On Thursday it was cool, windy, and rainy so Josh and I had arts and crafts day. We broke out the crayons and stamps and went to town making fun pictures to give to our friends. Josh thought it was lots of fun when I stamped on his hand. He kept looking at the stamp and laughing.
Later, he thought everything was a stamp. He would whack his sipping cup, train, pacifier, etc. onto a hard surface with mighty force hoping for an inky result.
Later, he thought everything was a stamp. He would whack his sipping cup, train, pacifier, etc. onto a hard surface with mighty force hoping for an inky result.
Thing to do #2: Get mommy to give me Gold Fish for lunch even though I have not eaten ANYTHING else today.
Think again, Josh
Thing to do #3 : Moon Walk across the kitchen floor.
"You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad,
You Know it."
That's right. Josh has learned to walk backwards. As if that isn't hilarious enough, he also shuffles his feet so it really looks like he is doing the moonwalk. Here he is in mid-moonwalk with his toy guitar in hand. I don't think Micheal Jackson played the guitar in his "Bad" video, but give Josh a white glove and a few plastic surgery scars and he could pass as Micheal Jackson.
Ewww, that's not a good thing, never mind.
Thing to do #4: Slumber Party at Katie's.
How cute are they in their baby convict PJs.?!? We had a great Friday night cook out with Katie's parents and our friends, Caleb and Julie. Josh actually slept in his pack and play while we played games! Unbelievable!!! Well, we think he was sleeping, but it is possible he sneaked into Katie's room while we weren't looking. Hummmm???
Thing to do #5: Make new friends, but keep the old.
So, all our college friends will appreciate this one....
Once Josh was soundly asleep in his pack and play (yeah!), we decided to play a board game. Chris and I were thinking it would be Taboo, Trivial Pursuit (ick) or another game NORMAL people play. But, no.... our "new" friends (ie. friends made after college) pulled out Settlers of Catan!!!!!!! Can you believe that? This is the dorkiest game ever invented (rated game of the year in 1995), but highly loved by all of our college friends. I'm not sure how it became so popular in our very cool group of friends, but many hours (pre-child days) were spent arguing over trading wheat and sheep. We love this game. Chris and I were so stunned that we have found friends that are as dorky (yet, extremely cool- of course) as we are. It only took three years , but finally, we feel at home.
Thing to do #6 : Flirt with a ridiculously cute blond.
Speaking of making new friends, on Saturday we had another fun night with new friends! Josh had a great time running around and playing with their kiddos. Mac, their oldest, was taking great care of Josh for me so I could visit with the adults. Josh found a push toy and he was set for the night. The real fun started when Liza was pushing him around the house. Josh loves cute blond girls, so he was in heaven having her attention! ( I was too distracted by the yummy burgers and great company to snap a photo- oops).
Thing to do #7: Party 'till dawn.
When we got home from dinner, we were lucky to have a little bonus Pa and Uncle Tim time! Josh loves hanging out with them and showing off his toys and his new dance moves. He stayed up way too late and this morning was in no mood to go anywhere. Josh and I stayed home from church and Josh is going on hour two of his nap.
Hope you had a great weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment