Monday, September 28, 2009

Big Weekend, Big Fun


Wow! We had a busy, but extremely fabulous weekend. We started off by enjoying the Friday night lights at our local stadium and cheering on the Wildcats. Unfortunately, we didn't cheer enough as they got creamed, but we had fun anyway. John and Luke's family joined us and the boys had a great time acting like the two-year old boys that they are by bouncing all over the stands, eating stale popcorn off the ground, and trying to push each other off the steep seats. Josh's favorite part of the game was the giant blow-up Wildcat tunnel (seen in the background of this picture) that he was convinced was a bounce house. He also very much enjoyed the band, especially the visiting band that performed some serious ghetto booty dancing and jamming on the field during the halftime show.




My boys in football heaven. Chris watching the football game and Josh keeping his eyes glued on the "Wildcat bounce house."




After a Saturday morning run and a yummy breakfast, we headed over to Katie's house so Josh and Chris could meet Katie's new sister, Maggie. The boys were being camera shy, but I got my picture with 3 of my favorite girls. Maggie is adorable, with chubby cheeks and angel soft hair. All reports indicate Katie is a fantastic Big Sister. Josh is only slightly jealous as he asks daily to "get" a "Baby Maggie like Kay Kay" and has renamed his blankie, "Baby Sister." Oh good grief!





Next on the daily agenda was a trip to Tyler for Chris' cousin's wedding. This was Josh's first wedding to attend, and lucky for us they had childcare awaiting us for the ceremony.








Lucky for Josh there was a cool red convertible awaiting him when we arrived at the reception. He has a toy car that looks IDENTICAL and he was extremely excited about a life-size version. Can we please take a moment to appreciate how handsome Josh looks in his little wedding outfit?!? I looked for a sport coat for him to wear, but I couldn't find one for less than $80 and that is just insanity to spend that much on a 2T article of clothing!! Am I right??


Josh's Repertoire of Wedding Dance Moves :













The Hammer Dance (sans parachute pants)













The Jitter Bug (featuring his super adorable date, Ava).














The Sprinkler (or possibly The Q-Tip, we're not too sure.)














The Cork Screw
(Those of you who weren't blessed to grow up in the rockin' 80's, the Cork Screw is a popular break-dancing move, of course).





He even saved a dance for me. I love this kid.








After a late Saturday night of dancing, Josh slept in until 7am! What a treat for us! We headed home just in time to enjoy the beautiful weather and some backyard fun before I had to head off to work and the boys headed to evening church service. Josh was quite concerned about getting itchy bug bites while outside and said to me...

"I don't want scooter bites, so I need some dog spray, please."

It took me a few seconds to translate, but I got it. Everyday there is a hilarious statement (or five) that pops out of his little mind. I am loving it.

2 comments:

Little McShahan said...

Hope the dog spray worked. It sounds like you guys had a crazy-busy weekend!

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Seriously, you are the busiest little camper that I know!
Love the dance move commentary! :)