


Josh is wishing it was his birthday again. Seemingly, there have been several kids in his class with birthdays this month and he comes home from school asking for it to be "Josh's birthday." I think he just wants pancakes.

Our DVR is full with a back log of my favorite shows, but I never miss Top Chef. I'm still trying to decide who I love/hate this season. Fabio, come back!!
Josh's new obsession is Bob the Builder. A show with talking diggers, tractors, cement trucks, etc. No surprise on this one.
Chris (and I) are excited about watching some good Cowboy's football and watching the Rangers win, of course!!!!
Josh's new favorite story is Yurtle the Turtle in which he gets very excited and squeals, "It's a Turtle Tower!!!" Indeed, it is about a tower of turtles. God Bless you Dr. Seuss.
Chris is reading All Creatures Great and Small and I will frequently catch him laughing out loud to which I promptly make fun of him about.
I have given up on the Twilight series and have moved on to more uplifting books, like "The Secret Life of Bees."
WORKING:
We are all business around here lately. I have come out of nursing retirement and started back to work at the NICU. I've had a hard time believing I am really back, but I was sure feeling it at 3am on Monday morning. Ooch.
Josh is working on saying good-bye to diapers ( Actually, I am doing most of the work on this one, but he will be getting the credit in the form of M&Ms.) This picture is not of Josh, but I thought it was pretty funny and I am against posting actual pictures of my son during those private moments.
Chris is still working on a "doc review" (look at me using law lingo). He is working hard, but has some how found time to hang with us all weekend and help me immensely in the evenings.
LISTENING:
Josh has been listening to my iPod shuffle when I am not looking. I don't mind him listening to my iPod, but my shuffle contains only my Run Mix which is not for little ears. He does love to point out when bands are playing the drums or playing the guitar, or the harmonica. That boy has got the music in him!
- Tadashei (A Christian Rapper- yes, that's right a Christian Rapper. He performed at our church service a few Sunday's ago. It was quite the service. Make War is the best running song ever!)
- Shinedown-Second Chance
- Josh Kelley- Everybody Loves You
- Keri Hilson- Knock You Down
- David Crowder Band- We Are Loved
- Michael Franti- Say Hey
- Moby- Honey

Of course, we also have the joy of listening to this sweet boy all day, as he has grown into quite the non-stop talker! Seriously, he doesn't stop, ever.






9 comments:
Knock You Down is the best! I replayed it three times yesterday while I was on the treadmill. The very old Graduation song by Vitamin C is a pretty good tempo. You also might try Dear Mama by 2Pac. Chris probably has it. Those are two really old songs but they seem to work for me and I enjoy listening to songs that I don't hear on the readio all the time. Thanks for letting us know what you like because I am also in need of some new music.
~Betsy
ok, secret life of bees is awesome, but not so uplifting. i read it in 2 days whenever it first came out. soooo good. i know i have a song for you, just can't think right now. chad made a pretty good mix while i was pregnant (for walking).
How about the Beatles....
Love you all, and stay safe.
From MeMe and Barn in wet Dublin.
Al: You need to get him the Wall Street Journal as soon as possible!
Love
Barn
Moby? Your cool chick rating just went way up, Al.
My favorite work out song is Starry Eyed Surprise.
Good luck with all that,
Dave
can we fix it? YES WE CAN!
xoxo
I agree with Barn...Josh needs to be able to read the WSJ while on the throne!
Your blog always makes me laugh, Alison. I don't know how you come up with this stuff.
I miss seeing your sweet smile.
My favorite- Girl Talk, Girl Talk, Girl Talk!
running music: I love Stephen Marley (mind control), smog, tv on the radio, and anything by the pixies.
hook em' horns. tech will fall.
logging on from a train btwn phila and NYC and loving the fall weather.....
Post a Comment