Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lady, what have you done???


Those of you who are frequent mini baby blog keeper-uppers may remember Josh's not so great First Hair Cut experience (http://minibabyblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/josh-got-his-hairs-cut.html). Due to the trauma that occurred that fateful day, I decided to forgo the salon for his second haircut. While strapped in his highchair and distracted by his yummy Mexican beans, I whipped out the fancy scissors and went after his soft, sweet, blond locks.

As you can see, I kind of butchered the poor child's hair. I consider myself crafty, but obviously not talented enough to cut hair. He clued into what I was up to halfway through, so his left side is much "fuller" than his right. Maybe he will start a new trend at school next week? Poor guy, I hope the other kids don't make fun of him.


It was a great week! Aunt Pickles came to stay mid-week and it was so much fun having her back. Josh loved to make funny faces at her and show her all of his new moves. She especially liked how Josh played the air guitar. He certainly puts on a good show.


Josh has had a lot to say this week. I swear he is picking up Chinese. He will go on and on talking to himself in a language foreign to me. However, sometimes he will bust out a new word between all the jibber jabber. This week's favorite word is "BIKE" pronounced "Byyeee." I can never get sick of hearing him say this word, it makes me laugh every time. It kind of sounds like the seagulls on Finding Nemo saying Bye ... " Byee Byeee Byeee." He has also started saying, " yeah." He will walk around with the phone up to his ear saying, " yeah, yeah." I wonder where he gets it from???


The keys are ready and the sun screen is packed... 3 days until we are basking in the hot summer sun of the sandy beach! We are headed to the coast with 39 of our closest college friends and their kids for our annual Labor Day beach trip. Stay tuned!!!

5 comments:

Sara Carolina said...

That is 40 of your closest friends. I think you forgot Diego!

The Palmer Family said...

I hope we can go next year - y'all are going to have so much fun!! Can't wait to see pics - even though I'm sure you'll have one of the kiddos in their Longhorn garb. ha! Just kidding...

Nicole said...

sorry that there was no photographic evidence of my visit this time (i didn't look cute enough by the time wednesday evening rolled around). tell josh "denku" for the visit. see you again very sooooon

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

ALISON!
Step away from the scissors! Stick to the glue stick!
HA!
Have fun at the beach.