What caused Josh to sport this mischievous smile and matching giggle????
"Has anyone seen my cellphone?"
He is trouble, but at least he is creative.
Here is another funny Josh story for you. Though, it's kind of gross.
Jackson, our black lab, has been shedding like crazy. So, today, I took him outside with the horse comb and brushed his coat until I thought my shoulder would fall off. I got a massive amount of hair off the poor dog. He loved it and I loved it because all that hair outside would have been on my floor in a matter of days. I, jokingly, told Josh that the pile of hair looked just like Hershey (Granee's black Pomeranian pictured above with Josh on Easter). I briefly turned my back to grab a trash bag for the pile of hair. When I turn around, I see Josh squatting on the ground next to the pile saying, "She, She" (a.k.a "Hershey"). I laughed and told him it wasn't really Hershey. He abruptly stood up, went inside, and got one of Hershey's toys she left at our house during her last visit and placed it on top of the hair pile. He looked up at me as if he was SO, SO proud of himself for returning the toy to it's rightful owner. Of course, I took a picture, but upon further viewing and downloading of the picture, I thought it was far too gross to include on the blog. But, you can use your imagination. Ewww. Needless to say, it was the laugh of the day at our house!
I never thought I would be one of "those" moms to wear lame "parent T Shirts." You know the ones that come out every Father's Day and Mother's Day; "World's Best Dad" and "#1 Mom." I would never claim such high standards. But, I did find this cute T Shirt the other day and had to have it. I love that it is hot pink. Also, it states a fact, rather than bragging about my parenting skills because, honestly, I don't really have any. I also NEVER thought I would EVER covet a friend's mini-van! Seriously, I am SO against them. (Minivan drivers, please don't take offense, it's a personal preference). However, the other day, I was watching a friend pile a bunch of her kids in her minivan and was jealous of her automatic doors and huge backseat. Not to mention the special grocery storage section. But, I am holding my ground, I will not purchase a mini-van.... unless they come out with a model with a built-in Cheerio and Raisin Extraction Device- then I would be sold.
This is why we don't visit the splash park anymore.
Josh's habit of drinking the water + icky bugs in the water + a freaky nurse mom = No more splash park for Josh. What are we going to do for the rest of the summer?
After I ripped the pacifier out of Josh's life, he found new friends to help him through the night. I've heard that kids get attached to "lovies" ( that title is way to girly for Josh's things, so we call them his "friends") around this age, so I was prepared that this would happen. I just didn't know it would take THREE "friends" to satisfy my boy. Every time he wakes up, he hands me or Chris each friend, one at a time. We can't pick him up out of his crib until we have all three friends in our hands. Only then is it safe to exit the crib. He takes them from us and runs into the living room to find a plethora of toy cars awaiting his arrival and then he tosses his " friends" aside like they are trash. Toddlers are such curious creatures.
What the Big kids have been up to.....
We loaded up all the kids and went to the park on Sunday. The dogs are still tired from all the excitement.
My sweet friend, Kacey had all the girls over to her new gorgeous house for a fancy dinner. Despite being pregnant with twins, she hosted a wonderful party for us! Thanks, Kacey!
Every night this week I have been staying up way too late engrossed in the Olympics.....

I wonder why?
The opening ceremony was amazing! The Chinese sure know how to put on a great show. They are obviously an inventive and bright nation of people. However, for such geniuses, they sure don't know how to count the number of years their gymnasts have been alive....
Do they really think we will believe the one on the far right is 16 years old??
Really???
Cheaters.
Hope everyone is having a great week!!
My four favorite things. 
No comments:
Post a Comment