Friday, August 8, 2008

Josh Fun = Tired Mommy



Josh has been busy crusin' the town in his fireman's hat.

"What's up, y'all?"

This picture made me cry when I saw it on my camera. Seriously, has he been watching Snoop Dog videos on MTV or something? Do they even still show videos on MTV? I'm so old.



Anyway, Josh has had a very active and fun week, which means I am one tired mama today. On Wednesday, we went to The Children's' Museum and had a blast! It is one cool place! Maybe one of the best I think I've been to with Josh (however, I haven't been to any of the Disney Parks, yet). It is like one giant neighborhood of playrooms. They had all different types of play areas and Josh tried them all. He ran from station to station playing with costumes, musical instruments, rocks, cars, bugs, foam balls, play kitchens, tunnels, and on and on! Oh my- it was a lot of fun. We will definitely be going again- and again, and again!




Here he is sharing his toys with the funny, long, skinny, boy in the mirror. He loved the silly mirrors. At one point he actually pointed at my reflection and laughed hysterically! Thanks a lot, Josh!
"Down here, Mom!"


The museum also has a barn filled with "chickens" and "cows." Josh was quick to find the cow and had no issue with sitting on the stool and "milking" Big Bertha. Thankfully, Bertha was only producing water that day- since Josh got more "milk" on his shoes than in the bucket.





As if chasing Josh around the museum wasn't fun and exhausting enough, we headed out for more excitement today at a bounce house factory. Josh has never been in/on a bounce house before, so I wasn't sure what would happen. He thoroughly enjoys jumping on the couch and beds at our home, but we swiftly put him on his bottom to discourage that behavior. He was in awe of the huge bounce houses and slides this morning. He was running, literally in circles for a good 20 minutes before we attempted to bounce. I, of course, had to experience the fun with him. I think he was a little scared at first, but warmed up to it. He really liked watching me jump and the resulting bounce that would toss him into the air. But, he liked the giant bouncy slide the best. He made me bring him up and down countless times. I was sweating by the time we left.




Then



Now


The last bit of excitement this week involved a Christmas present that has graduated to the next level! As you can see, the bike is not the only thing that has changed in 8 months. Josh is loving "riding " his bike all over the house. It will soon become an "outside only" toy, but until the heat falls below 100 degrees, I can handle it inside for selfish reasons. However, the bike does make an appearance outside everyday when Josh and I check the mail. He knows when it is time, and comes up to me saying "Mail? Mail? Mail?" then he runs and gets his bike, (which he calls his "car") and rides straight to the door, looks back at me and waits patiently. Obviously, he is expecting an important correspondence. I wonder if he has a pen pal somewhere that I don't know about.




No comments: