
AFTER
Today, we went where no Josh has gone before, the beauty shop. I mean, the barber shop. The boy's hair had become a little unruly lately. I hate to be known as the mom with the shaggy haired kid, so we took the plunge and ventured to the local kid -friendly salon and got Josh's first ever hair cut. Another date for the baby book, and lots of pictures (sorry Sara).
Josh approved right away. There was a Thomas the Train table, TVs playing The Backyardagins, Matchbox Cars all over the place, water bottles galore, and Mini-Cars to sit in. He was so distracted by all the goodness, he didn't notice the scary lady with scissors coming towards him.
He was doing great at first. I thought, " This isn't going to be bad at all. My son is so well adjusted and open to new things!"HA!
I believe, this picture was snapped at the exact moment he realized just what we were up to. He was out of there as soon as it clicked in his little brain, " This lady with the sharp thing is stealing my hair!" Our "stylist" wasn't the nicest lady ever, but she didn't stab my child with the scissors as he jumped up to escape. That takes talent.
And, here is the delightful moment when Josh reached a Code Red Tantrum. I love the blissful bubbles floating around him as he is in complete agony. I kind of found it funny, although I was sweating from holding him in my lap. Once he discovered a near-by remote control, he sat motionless and allowed the "stylist" to complete her masterpiece.
The day did have a happy ending despite the dramatic and torturous picture.

Many people told me that Josh's curls would be gone after his first hair cut. I know the power of the curl DNA in my family, so I didn't believe them. Sure enough, those puppies sprang back to life in an instant.
"I am so good lookin' with my new do "

Eventually, Josh forgave me for chopping his goldie locks and gave me a big good-night kiss. He loves to give out kisses these days. I'm not complaining, I love getting kisses from well-groomed, handsome men- well really only two.

2 comments:
the tantrum picture made me fall. out. that is some cute haircut, joshie! kisses from pickies
I'm sorry, but how does one cut hair with such freakishly long nails?? And not scare the small children she "styles"? Wow. You survived, Alison, congrats! Josh looks soooooooooo handsome...and smug in a couple of those pics.
Post a Comment