Thursday, July 24, 2008

Puzzled



Josh has finally embraced the large supply of wooden puzzles that have been collecting dust in his playroom. Every couple of days, I will try a puzzle and see if he can figure it out. Until this week, no luck. But, now he is all over them and can put them together in seconds! It is both crazy and amazing how fast kids change before your eyes.
He will squat for, what seems to me, an abnormal amount of time to put the puzzles together. I have tried to get him to sit on his bottom, but nope, he insists on squatting. He also does "the white man's overbite" while concentrating on the pieces. It cracks me up to watch him. You can see the brain cells working, then his eyes widen when he makes the connection and a big grin when the piece fits perfecting together. He will even occasionally give himself a round of applause for his hard work.

" Anyone have a New York Times crossword?
These childish puzzles bore me!"



Katie's parent's were sweet enough to watch Josh for us last weekend while Chris took me on a fancy date for my birthday. We went to a great restaurant that made me feel as though I was a judge on Top Chef and then to a hilarious play called "House." It was a great surprise date that Chris planned perfectly for me.

House and Garden are two separate plays that are intended to be performed simultaneously by the same cast. These two shows were theatrical hits when performed in two of the spaces at The Royal National Theatre in London. Though each of the plays is complete in and of itself, the characters move between the house and the garden during each show, fitting perfectly into the puzzle plots of the funny shows.

While mom and dad are away, Josh must play...


The Love seat.

(Josh, where is your other hand?)

"Okay, enough of you. Get off "my"

(please note the chair actually has Katie's name on it) chair."


"I'm a winner!"
Other happenings this week included Josh's first kiss, with guess who??? Katie recently learned to give kisses and dishes them out to anyone who wants them, it's pretty darn cute! The other day Katie and Josh were playing at the splash park and Erin and I talked them into giving each other a kiss. No cameras were present for this blessed event, unfortunately. Then later, Katie tried to kiss Josh again, but he was playing hard-to-get and backed up. Well, Katie would have none of that! She swiftly grabbed Josh's left butt cheek and pulled him towards her and planted a nice juicy kiss on his nose. It was priceless! I love a girl who won't take no for an answer!

Other funny Josh news- he was so helpful while I was trying to pick up the dog excrement yesterday in the backyard. As I made my way around the yard, Josh would find a pile of you-know-what and say "POO!!!" (loud enough for the neighbors to hear) and he would proceed to stomp in the pile of Poo. Lovely. He is OH, so helpful! I am sure he thought it was a fun game and not gross at all. Especially since Murphy had just consumed 3 of Josh' s crayons the day before. It was a colorful experience, to say the least! Thank God for Crocs! We simply hosed them down and no harm was done, until next time at least!

I will leave you with that lovely picture in your head.

Bye-Bye.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

so glad you got to wear that cute dress out and about! maybe mb will take up soduku next. xoxo