
32 years ago, Chris blessed this world with his presence and I am happy about that. I am sure Josh is pretty thrilled as well seeing as his precious life wouldn't exist without Chris.
Last night we went to our favorite restaurant for dinner with a load of friends. We had a great time and enjoyed watching Chris get embarrassed by the restaurant staff placing a giant sombrero on his head.

" Hey, where is everyone??? I'm ready for my queso!!!"

Josh had fun flirting with Norah and giggling with Ethan and Luke. Uncle Pete took Josh on a horse ride ( a plastic one) outside and I am quite sure he enjoyed that thoroughly.
Earlier that day, Josh got his first big oochie at the church nursery. In the middle of church the dreaded buzzing of the baby pager went off and I went to rescue him from the nursery. I thought he was probably just fussy (church is conveniently during his nap time). But, when I got out of the sanctuary, the nursery workers were waiting for me. Uh Oh.Nursery Worker: " Josh fell and hit his head."
Me: "Oh, he does that all the time."
Nursery Worker: " No, this is really bad."
Me: Gulp. " Is he breathing?"
Nursery Worker: "Yes."
Me: " Did he cry?"
Nursery Worker: " Yes."
Me: Whew.
My heart had stopped for what felt like 5 minutes between " Is he breathing" and "Yes."
Sure enough, Josh had a big black egg forming atop his head, right on his forehead. Yes, just like his mommy's wonderful egg bump. He is such a trooper, despite the ice being forced on his head he was fine and smiled when I came in the nursery. Besides looking like Harry Potter for all his birthday pictures next weekend, he is fine.
Thank God.
PS: The painters left 20 minutes ago and although I can't restock my kitchen until tomorrow- I got to use my dishwasher for the first time in a long time!!!! YeeePeee!!! I love having a dishwasher!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Old Man!!! Love the sombrero...looks like you could give Josh a ride in that thing. Can't wait to see you guys!
Happy b-day Christopher! The sombrero looks good on you!
Happy Bday Chris.
So glad the kitchen is done. Can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment