Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Annnddd, we're walking, we're walking.....


Today was a great day. This is why....


1. I woke up to wonderful news that Baby Boy Diego made it into the world safe and sound. His mom (Sara) is also doing great! Happy Birthday Diego and Congratulations Breto, Sara, and Isa! We can't wait to meet the newest little man of the group!


2. Josh slept soundly until 7:45am. That means I was able to make coffee AND enjoy it before Josh duty. Thanks, Buddy.


3. Kitchen........D.O.N.E. Need I say more?
They came today to reattach the granite, fix the carpet, and my wonderful contractor did all the necessary "honey-do" type jobs to complete the project and make me sane again. I was about to check myself into a coo-coo hospital with Britney Spears.
Oops, I did it again, that was rude. Sorry.

















The floors look like they are different colors, but they aren't- must have been the lighting. They are somewhere in between the two colors you see in the pictures.


4. Norah took a bottle for Paul!!! I get happy when good things happen to good people I care about. Our friends, Paul and Karen, have been in battle with sweet baby Norah over taking a bottle while Karen is at work. Today, Paul discovered the trick that could help many of you in your baby bottle blues... latex nipples. Genius! Way to go Paul! If your baby won't take a bottle, try latex- if it worked for them, it could work for you.
* This post sponsored in part by the makers of Latex






5. It was nice enough outside to go for a swing in the backyard, but cool enough to wear my sweatshirt at night. In fact, here is a picture Chris took several nights ago, while I was blogging and coincidentally, I am in the same spot in the same clothes blogging tonight. Visualize. Murphy has changed outfits though- HeeHee, just kidding. I have since washed my clothes, don't worry. Oh, and don't make fun of my dog sledding PJ pants. They are soft, baggy, and comfy.






6. And the #1 reason it was a great day ( yes, this even beats getting my kitchen finished):



My "baby" is such a big boy! He has walked more than crawled today! I know some moms may not look at that as a wonderful thing, but my dear son is very heavy and the more he walks the better for my aging back muscles. Here are some more super cute pictures of him walking today. I love the one with the remote in his hand. He is just so thrilled with himself. He also does this hilarious whisper thing when he walks. I can't even describe it. It's kind of how I sound when I try to talk after being on the elliptical for a long time. So cute, (him- not me on the elliptical). I hope you all had a great day as well!



1 comment:

April said...

Happy Birthday Joshua! And congratulations to you all on your completed kitchen...it looks fabulous! I can't wait for Joshua to share his walking tips with John :) See you guys tomorrow at school.