Josh's birthday hoedown was fabulous! He had a great time celebrating with all his friends and family. He received many, many super-fun toys that sing, beep, light up, and all the things that he appreciates in a toy. For those of you who missed out on the fun, here is a recap taken straight from Josh's daily agenda.....
1615: Tricia and Matthew arrive. A friend to play with- all is well.
1616-1815: Hardcore play time.
1816: Dinner and my first taste of yummy birthday cake!!

" Ummm, I don't think I am supposed to be eating this."
1845- Bubble bath to scrub down cake from behind ears, in belly button, and other parts that I am too embarrassed to talk about.
1915- Bedtime- but only after jumping in my crib for a few minutes until sugar high wore off.
2000-2200- Mommy and girlfriends decorated my birthday cake and giggled like crazy. This was mom's first time to decorate a cake- I think it is going to be a birthday tradition now.
***********************************************************************
1.12.2008 - Party Time
0730- Wake up and play with Matthew.
0900-1545-Wait and wait until it was party time. Mom ignored me and pawned me off on all the people at our house. At least I got to play with Matthew.
1556- Mom and Dad put out my presents. I instantly eyed the firetruck push/ride toy and walked straight for it. Awesome. I love it. Watch out, here I come....
1600- Guests start arriving. I continue to push my new truck around the house at an alarmingly impressive speed and bang into all the nice people's shins. " Thanks for coming- BANG!"
1620- I get to eat Mac 'n Cheese, Corn dogs, and veggies while those adults ate chili. Who would choose chili over corn dogs and mac 'n cheese???? Adults are so strange, but they pay for the toys, so I like them.
1645- PRESENTS!!!! WeeHoo! Matt, Samuel, and Thomas helped me open up all my fun new presents!

1655- I opened my new Elmo cell phone from Granee and Pa.

1655-1710- Played with Elmo cell phone while everyone else opened the rest of my toys.
1711- Mommy took Elmo Cell away from me so I wouldn't hurt the other toys' feelings. Waa.
1715- I climbed on top of the toy Matthew gave me and made everyone in the room laugh. Then I played the drums on the box and REALLY made them laugh. Adults are such an easy audience.
"More cake??? Is this for real????????" 
Maybe a little taste."



1830- Big bath and scrub down by Aunt Besty. I got my PJs on and then more cruisin' with my new toy. I even wore my cowboy hat for a bit.
***********************************************************************
1.13.2008 - The Day After.
As if we didn't eat enough food, my family decided to go out to eat for all the other January birthdays in our family. They sang Happy Birthday to Me Me, Betsy, and Daddy. I guess they didn't have a sombrero small enough for my head.
*************************************************************************
1.14.2008- Back to Normal.

Today, it was back to the grindstone. I started school and had such fun seeing my teachers and friends. My teacher was so impressed with my newly-acquired walking skills. Mommy and Aunt Pickles spent a girly day together getting their nails done and seeing a chick flick. When we got home, I got to play with Pickles and all the fun balloons floating around the house. It was a great weekend!!!



1 comment:
Beautiful cake Al! I'm so proud of you! Wish we could have been there, but we will catch up with Mr. Joshua soon!
Post a Comment