We had a great Thanksgiving holiday. It was filled with family, food, and fun. What more can we ask for? On Wednesday afternoon we headed down south to Wharton. The entire Rasmussen family was there; a very rare occurrence. It was great to see all the cousins and of course, the glue that holds us all together- Oscar. Chris' uncle, Walter, has four young kiddos. One of which is 2.5 year old Joshua. So, the other kids thought it was great fun to say, " Joshua, don't take Joshua's toy" etc. It was pretty funny. Our Josh loved being around other kids and had a great time with all the attention and playmates. He enjoyed his first Thanksgiving feast, especially the sweet potato casserole. He gets that from me, because Chris won't touch the stuff! Who doesn't like sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top??? Crazy!!After our Wharton visit, we headed north to visit my parents for a few days. Josh had a BIG, BIG moment in Kingwood.... HIS FIRST STEPS! It was so cute. We knew it was coming soon, but he certainly put on a show for Chris, Granddad , and me! We all watched him as he took three good, solid steps. I think he was going for the remote and crawling just wouldn't do the trick fast enough. Works every time! Unfortunately, my mom missed the excitement, but saw him do it again the next morning.
Here are some pictures from our weekend......
Josh had a big bite of Daddy's ice cream cone on our way down to Wharton. A reward for being so wonderful on the long journey.
"Oh my goodness, I'm full. Good thing I have my stretchy pants on."Peek-A-Boo!


On the way back to Dallas ( it took us close to 6 hours, by the way), I was sitting in the backseat with Josh so I could entertain him. I fell asleep and this is what I found when I woke up.... Josh covered in wipes. Seemingly, the box of wipes was enough to entertain him and he didn't need me.
When we got home to Dallas, it was SOOOO cold in our house that I had to put a hat on Josh. I just had to include this picture because it is so cute!
1 comment:
i just KNEW he was gonna walk! good man, joshie! also, glad to see he enjoys his ice cream.
Post a Comment