Wednesday, August 1, 2007

And... He's Off!


Watch out world, here comes Joshua! Oh, how life has changed at our house these last few days. I remember the times ( what, 2 days ago) that I could set Josh on the floor amongst a plethora of toys and go about my business. Well, I tried that today and the next thing I know he is reaching out to touch those super interesting smiley-faced shaped holes in the wall... hummm what could they be for??? Oh, anything electric will do. He has about 320 wonderful toys that companies like Fisher Price and Baby Einstein spent millions of research dollars perfecting... but no, he just wants to play with electricity. And Tupperware. And my shoes. And Murphy's nose. And the remote. And ANYTHING that he is NOT supposed to have in or around his mouth (the dog's chew bones- gross!). What a challenge and handful I have in this little man. He can really move too. He is only doing the army crawl right now ( but wait two minutes and I am sure things will change), but he goes places F.A.S.T. He gets on all fours and rocks back and forth... like any minute fire will shoot out of his behind and send him flying into the neighbor's living room. Then he drops on his belly and just worms his way around the house. Good thing I have my new Dyson to keep the floors clean, or else Josh would officially be our new mop.

Great news... his ear infection is gone. Seems those antibiotics really DO work! Josh once again destroyed the pediatrician's office before the doctor even made it into the room. Every appointment we go to our Dr. tells me how I will have my hands full, "because this is one curious fellow." Meanwhile, Josh is pulling on his beard with one hand, grabbing the stethoscope with the other, all while flailing his feet and ripping the exam table paper to shreds. I feel like I should give them a tip when I leave for their clean-up services. Well, that's why those nurses get paid the BIG bucks (totally kidding). We are still without a computer, but thanks to Erin and Brent's loaner laptop we can be in touch with the world again. Yeah!

No comments: