
Matthew, Ava, and Tyler came ALL the way up here to visit us for the week!!!! They brought along their sweet mamas for the ride too. We packed our schedule with loads of fun activities and had the kids ( and moms) sufficiently tired at the end of the day. Here is a photo summary of what we have been up to...
Pictured below:
Alison, Kari, Rebecca
On Tuesday night, Nicole had another one of her infamously yummy Ladies Night dinner parties. She is the best hostess and I am convinced she will someday have her own cooking show ( that will come on after my craft show) on HGTV and make millions of dollars writing cook books. She made us risotto balls, watermelon and tomato salad in a citrus vinaigrette, pasta and meatballs, and a fabulous raspberry cake for dessert. Conversations included, but were not limited to.... Brittney Spears, New York City, clothes and shoes, college days, scrapbooking, cookbooks, kids, reality TV, the Zit-Zapper, George Clooney vs. Brad Pitt ( yes, we are 15 years old), and blogging ( Rebecca- I WILL find out the link for your blog, you can't stop me!!!). We had a great evening, that quickly went late night after a few bottles of wine. Uh-Oh. Don't worry, Josh was safe at home with the babysitter.
After a late night, we were a wee tired, to say the least. So, we piled everyone in my car (3 car seats and 3 adults) and made a necessary run to Starbucks ( venti iced half-caf, 1% milk, caramel macchiato, with extra caramel) on our way up north to visit Tracy and her new precious little girl. Oh, what a sweet natured and beautiful baby. ALL the kids ( see picture above) had fun playing and Josh really enjoyed slobbering all over their toys. Back home for nap time and to await Tyler and Alicia's arrival.....
Once the kids were well rested, we headed to our neighborhood splash park to beat the 102 degree heat. Katie and Erin met us there and we all had a great time watching the big and little kids enjoy the water. Here is a picture of Katie and Josh sitting ( 'cause that is all they can really do) amongst the fountains of water. Those water streams come out of the ground sporadically and at first I set Josh on the ground without knowing he was sitting on one of the water openings. His face was quite a sight when that water shot up his diaper.... oops... sorry Josh. He just giggled. Good thing, he better get used to his clumsy mommy. I wish I had a picture of all the kids together at the park, but the bigger ones were darting from one place to the next so the image would be very blurry, I am sure.

Thursday was another scorcher, so instead of doing outdoor activities, we headed to an indoor aquarium (which is almost more like a zoo). It is one of my favorite places to take out of town guests, young and old. Seemingly, every other child in the city shares my love of the aquarium and wanted to be there on Thursday morning as well. Ava and Joy couldn't join us, so it was just the boys. Too bad, I know Ava probably would have loved naming all the animals and telling us their country of origin, smart girl! Matt, Tyler, and Josh had a blast looking at all the fish, birds, monkeys, penguins, and other various mammals. I couldn't have been happier as I watched Josh gaze at all the fish and turtles. It is so amazing to watch someone see something for the first time. I just wish I could hear his mind thinking and processing all he saw that morning. It was a quick visit. Not only are they all under 2 years old, but let's face it... they're men and we all know they don't have a long attention span. Ohhhh.... just kidding. I mean, Chris can focus on some things for 2-4 hours, based on what type of ball involved and how many quarters. HeeHee. Love you honey!
After learning all about Nemo and Dori, the boys were sleepy and needed a nap. But, that didn't last for long, once they got a little energy stored up we were off to Nicole's apartment complex to steal some pool time. Of course, they both had a great time playing and splashing in the water. I think this was the most successful pool adventure for Josh. Usually he is a little confused like, "hey, it's not bath time and where are my duckies and bubbles?" But, this time he had fun floating and kicking in the water. Another cool thing, Josh started saying " dada" this week. I tell you what, I think it must be the smart Austin kids that help my child develop properly. Yet another developmental milestone achieved in their presence. Thanks Tyler and Matt!
1 comment:
hey...that's my couch and i am one happy friend that ya'll came to see me!! hopefully we can hang out again soon!!
love ya, tracy
Post a Comment