Last weekend we scored some great tickets to the Rangers game. I love going to the Rangers game. I love everything about it. I love the stadium, the food, the colors, the little boys with their tiny gloves waiting to catch a foul ball, the hot dog man in a funny hat yelling, "Hooooot Doooooooooogs!!" as he walks up and down the steps, the kettle corn, the cotton candy, (do you see a trend here), the get-up-and-dance songs between innings, the traditions that have been alive in baseball for decades, the gradual set of the sun, and oh, yeah... the actual baseball game is fun to watch as well.

Josh loved everything too. He loved the food, especially the ice cream in a baseball cap (although the Sonic peppermint Chris gave him was a big hit as well, who would have thought). He loved the giant signs everywhere. He LOVED when everyone yelled for Josh Hamilton. Not kidding, I really think he thought they were screaming for him. The rest of the game, he kept asking where "the other Josh" was. He loved the silly colored dot race between innings. He loved sitting on Daddy's lap holding up his baseball glove and listening to Chris teach him about the game. And he loved watching the "red guys" (aka: Rangers) and the "green guys" (aka: The A's) "chase" after the balls.
He did not love when everyone screamed when we got a hit.

JOSH and CHRIS loved the anticipation of catching a foul ball. ALISON did not love it so much. Although the seats were great, I would totally be THAT person in the stadium that gets hit in the head with a foul ball for not paying attention. I guess I could have a matching goose egg on the other side of my head (I have a permanent goose egg on my forehead from the great "falling out of a friend's house" incident of 1983). Anyway, I digress...
Josh loved the team of little league players sitting in front of us. They were all 7 years old and had their Rangers jerseys on with their gloves ready to spring into action. Josh had so much fun watching and talking to them. No foul balls this game. Maybe next time Chris can suspend Josh over the wall to catch a ball or two.
Or maybe not.
We were a little worried if Josh would survive the game, but he did. When he was still wide awake and dancing around the stands at the end of the 8th inning (which surprisingly coincided with completing his ice cream treat) we decided to stay after the game for the big fireworks show.
We LOVE fireworks. Josh kept turning around and saying,
"Wow! Did you see THAT????"
I can't imagine how surreal a fireworks show must be for his little mind.

It was a perfect evening for a ball game and fire works.
The three of us had a great time together. Josh couldn't stop talking about everything he saw and did. He finally got to sleep at midnight and we are still paying for our late night baseball adventure, but it was definitely worth it.
Here is a video of Josh talking about the game on the way home. The video quality is horrible at best and for some reason YouTube isn't letting me view all of it, but it's still pretty funny... if you ask me.

3 comments:
Please recall that when MB was about 6 months old I went to a Rangers game and brought back the ice cream bowl helmet and WE PUT IT ON HIS HEED. My how he has grown! Glad y'all had such a fine time at the ballpark. xoxo
Barn wouldn't last until 11pm!
Good boy, Josh, what a great way to spent a night.
MeMe
We were at that smae game! By the looks of it...we were sitting really close to you all.
Post a Comment