I must confess, I am in the midst of a bit of an anti-blog phase. I am antsy and can't seem to sit still long enough to make words into sentences, much less type them onto a computer screen. I wish I could say we are still relaxing by the pool like the last time you saw us, but alas, we are definitely not relaxing. Having tons of fun? Yes, indeed. Relaxing? No. It will take me a few posts to make up for lost time. But, I will begin with this past weekend...

We journeyed to MeMe and Barn's house for a quick trip to celebrate the 10th anniversary or my dad's 55th birthday. It had been way too long since we had a visit and it is always so nice to slow down and enjoy my parents.

Josh was super thrilled that our trip involved a birthday celebration. At Target, we let him pick out any card he wanted to for Barn's birthday. Josh headed straight for the section with those over-priced music cards and proceeded to open EVERY SINGLE ONE before he settled on one that made his hips shake uncontrollably in the middle of Target. He had fun. I'm not sure the other customers had as much fun, but he sure made a few laugh. And, of course, Barn loved his card (painstakingly) signed by J.O.S.H.U.A.

Thankfully, all of Barn's birthday dreams came true when Josh insisted at least 5 times that Barn watch Go, Diego, Go with him. At one point, I over heard Barn say, "I don't think this is where we left off, Josh. I think we missed some." This cracked me up for many reasons. Firstly, Josh doesn't care what the story line is, as long as Diego is racing to save some obscure animal. Secondly, I love that my dad was concerned about finding out what happens at the end. Dad, my guess is... Diego uses his amazing Spanish speaking powers to ride his baby jaguar to save a trapped spider monkey somewhere in the rain forest. But, that's just a guess.

To beat the heat, we begged to go to the pool. Josh donned my aviators, and fit right in with the fancy country club crowd at my parent's club pool.

There pool is awesome. There is a huge splash park, tons of tunnel slides, 4 separate pools, and my favorite, a lazy river.

Love it.
This picture will make me laugh for years. My parents, under the tipping bucket of water at the splash park. Who says water play is just for the youth?

Only fair... Chris, Josh and I got dunked too. Chris got off easy on this picture, he looks like a spooky ghost behind me. I love Josh's face, "Bring it, Water!! I'm not scared of you!!!!"
Thanks for a fun weekend MeMe and Barn!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Barn! Looks like you all had a very splashy time... love it. Especially those dunking pictures.
So sweet. Alison, you have such wonderful parents. Glad y'all had a such a great time together! And I'm with Nook, those dunking pics are stellar. See you soon!
Post a Comment