Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ice Ice Baby


We hosted our second annual backyard ice cream social last week. And by "we", I mean I did all the decorating, cooking, cleaning, heavy lifting, arranging, and shopping, while Josh ran behind me and ate the M&Ms, chocolate chips and Heath pieces that fell on the ground as I was put them in the serving bowls.


I can't lie, I love to throw a themed party. I love even more doing it for all my friend's and their cute kids. This year we kicked it up a notch and included our massive "what is that brightly colored object seen from outer space?" water slide from Great Granddad Oscar. We had over 60 ice cream- hungry guests in our backyard. It was insane. It was fun. It was sticky. It was delicious. It was simply delightful.

Big Kid Pool = where all the little kids wanted to be.

Little Baby Pool= where all the big kids wanted to be.

Grass is always greener on the other side. Well, except at our house where the grass is simply mud. But, you get the point.

The Silly Cousins.

The Baby Corner.

The Host.

The Guests...


The Details...
The Yummies.
Josh had a three topping limit. This year, he went with Gummy Bears, Colored Sprinkles, and Marshmallows. Since I am an adult and I can vote, pay taxes, and can legally bear arms, I did not have a topping limit. My ice cream sundae contained a sprinkling of each of the following: Caramel sauce, Snickers, Reece's, Chocolate sprinkles, and a generous serving of Heath pieces for the top. Yummy, yummy, yum, yum!

The PuffBalls.
I've had a lot of people ask me how I made these.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

The Sign.
I wanted to make sure everyone knew what theme I was going for.
Just in case there was any confusion.
The Favors.
Tell me that this lollipop tree wouldn't cheer you right up on even the worst of days?!?! Or maybe I am the only dork that gets excited over organized candy.
The Necessitates.

All good things must come to an end.

Thank you to all those who came, ate, and made our party more fun than we could have ever imagined!

7 comments:

The Q. Family said...

Dang you throw a cute party! Looks like so much fun!!

MissAdaptation said...

Wow! That looks like great fun and a great success! I bow to your party throwing awesomeness.

Nicole said...

Another beeeyoutiful party, Al! Everything sure looks tasty (except those bananas). I think I would have a 25-topping limit. Mwah!

Little McShahan said...

Luke told me Josh said he ate lots of ice cream so he could grow up fast. Now Luke wants lots of ice cream too. I'm hoping this type of peer pressure maxes out at ice cream.

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

You amaze me with your superior skills! Looks like one awesome party!
However, the site of all those children gives me hives...but that is a personal issue, I guess! lol :)

Anonymous said...

In response to Luke's Mom.....I ate a lot of ice cream growing up, and I'm still 5'2"!
Great party Al, you're "giving" lots of summer memories to Josh's friends
MeMe

Phil said...

For some reason Brooklyn Ice Cream parties don't look quite as much fun as that. I am going to need to re-assess my party attendance criteria. And another note: I think Josh has a pretty good racket going given he gets his own Bday party on Jan 11 and then when his Mom's birthday rolls around he gets another....I suspect the mother is engaging in a clever screen technique to avoid discussions of her own birthday. Well done old lady....