Top Three Josh Quotes of the Day.

3. Time and Place: This morning, as he climbed into our bed:
"Mommy, my hair had a party last night."
(Credit must be given to Trout Fishing in America for this one. )
2. Time and Place: After a visit to the gym, then Bounce House Land, and as we are climbing into the car in the Chicken Play parking lot on our way to the library:
"Okay, I think I'll go to Japan next."
(?????? NO idea where that came from.)
1. Time and Place: Walking out of Super Target this afternoon.
" Look, a Starbucks!!! I need my chocolate milk fix!"
(MAY have a little bit of an idea where that came from.)

And on a completely random note...
Has anyone read the children's book, "I'm a Pill Bug?" We checked it out from the library today upon Josh's request. He picked this story to read at bedtime tonight. I thought it would be a cute story about a little bug on an adventure to find food or something along those lines. Ha! Think again!! It is basically a biology book for a 3 year old. Cartoon pictures depicting an ant trying to kill and eat a pill bug is not exactly a sweet bed time story for my child. But wait, turn the page and it only gets better. Pictures of Pill Bug's square-shaped poop and.... wait for it.... two Pill Bugs making Baby Pill Bugs. Of course, Josh wanted to know ALLLLL about that picture.
"Why is that pill bug on the other pill bug's back, Mommy?"
Me: "Ummmmm..."
Awkward Silence.
5 comments:
I've heard of the "birds and the bees", but the "bugs and the slugs"?
I'm going to order a venti-decaf-sweetened-chocolate milk next time I go to Starbucks.
LOVE the early morning picture of Josh. Fabulous.
STARBOOOOOKS! What a clever young man.
When a pill bug loves a pill bug ... Wow. Thanks for the warning on that one. And I agree with Erin, that is one amazing morning picture.
I gotta say, G-R-E-A-T post!
Post a Comment