Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two Things Tuesday

1. Josh has all about talking lately. He won't stop. Really, it's kind of a problem. Yesterday, a mosquito joined Josh and Chris in the car. Chris was able to squash it on the window and save sweet Josh's skin from dozens of bites. Josh promptly exclaimed... "Wow, Daddy! You are so courageous!!!" The other evening, I called Josh from work to wish him a goodnight. Over the phone I realized that my little baby boy is a legitimate person now. Here I am at work, having a long conversation with Josh. We talked all about church and what he did with his friends that afternoon. He told me what he had for dinner and how "tasty" is was. Then right in the middle of me telling him a little story about my day, he said... "Wellllll, anyway, I'm tired and I'm going to bed now." This may not seem a big deal, but hearing him talk like a little adult made me melt into tears right there in the middle of the unit.
2. Josh is getting ready for a trip to the homeland. That's right, in a few months, we are taking Josh to Ireland to meet my family. Start praying now, friends. And if there's a pharmacist reading (you know who you are) I would LOVE a Rx for Valium. Thank you very much.


No comments: