Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Swim, sleep, repeat.

I swear I have no idea what day it is. Our days are all blurring together like an episode of the Truman Show. Wake up, coffee, gym, swim, lunch, nap, swim, bath, dinner, night night, and repeat. We have not seen much variation from this pattern for the past 3 days. My poor dryer has been working overtime trying to keep up with all the wet suits and towels!
Josh started swim lessons this week. The kids are required to wear a cloth swim diaper under their suit to prevent a disastrous pool vs. poop event. On the first day of lessons, Katie came over early and caught Josh in this little getup. You'd think he was embarrassed by his European swim attire, but he ate up Katie's attention and giggles.
Especially when he busted out his guitar. Hummm, this reminds me of something...

The Naked Cowboy in Times Square? Yes! That's it!
This is what I have always dreamed for my child.



Josh is loving swim lessons. I think he has a crush on this particular instructor.


Seemingly, Josh is "old"enough to be in a class that doesn't require a parent to be present during the lessons. When I heard this, I kind of freaked a bit (okay, a lot), but the instructor agreed to let me volunteer to be the "swim mommy." The teacher believes I am there to help keep the kids on the pool step, take the kids to the potty, dry them off at the end, and fix the sweet little girl's pig tails. Ha! Little does she know! In reality, I am the "mommy plant," strategically placed to ensure my kid and two other beloved kids (Katie and Luke) don't drown or wig out, and of course take surveillance pictures with my phone! Sneaky, sneaky. It's lots of fun watching the kids interact with the teachers. Josh is doing well with the lessons. However, he is easily distracted by the pool toys, the birds, the trees, the girls in bikinis, the bugs, the lawn mower next door, the wind patterns, the clouds, the motorized pool cleaner, etc.



After swim lessons and nap time, we have been heading to our neighborhood pool to "practice" (and by that I mean dunking poor Josh under water and physically forcing him to kick his legs). It's the happening place between 4 and 6pm, I'll tell you what! All the cool kids are there, and today we were able to bring Rebekah and Joanna as our guests. They are so adorable!

This weekend Chris and I are being treated to a weekend away in Austin. Josh will be staying with Granee in Wimberely all weekend! She has some exciting plans for her favorite (and only) grandson and Chris and I have already made a long list of all our favorite Austin activities. Hopefully, we can fit them all into two short days!

5 comments:

The Q. Family said...

I am jealous of your weekend away! And oh how I feel the need to be Swim Mommy next year too!!! :) Josh is such a stinkin ADORABLE little boy!!!

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Ahhh, the life! Have super fun in Austin....only after the scrapbook convention!!! Woot!

Nicole said...

SPEEDO! nice one, mb!

have a GREAT time in austin. soon enough we'll be able to play there together. yessssssss. xoxo

Stacy said...

Can you get me some Taco Xpress to go?!?

Anonymous said...

I wish we had some warm and sunny weather over here in London! Josh and Katie look very continental in their swim-suits. Swim well and safe.
MeMe