Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!



I must say, this Father's Day I feel a little empty. My favorite dads are so far away from me and I feel a bit sad not having them close enough to hug. Poor Chris has been stuck working all weekend. Literally, the only moment he has had any break is for a firm recruiting event, which was fun, but not exactly a great way to celebrate Father's Day the way he deserves. Now, he is on his way to Austin for some lawerly responsibility. If it were up to me, his weekend would have looked a little something like this....

Saturday...

  • Bike Ride
  • Sitting on the couch watching US Open coverage eating a big burger
  • Basketball at the gym with his guys
  • A big long nap without Josh poking his face or screaming in the background
  • Steak Dinner

Sunday...

  • Big Breakfast
  • Presents!!!
  • Church
  • A perfect round of golf
  • More couch time watching the Open
  • Sleep, sleep, sleep after a loooonnngggg week at work!

Chris, you will get this weekend as soon as we have a weekend without any plans. I'm thinking 2011 or so? We'll pencil it in!

Since I am making up perfect scenarios for today's Fatherly festivities, I also wish I could have my dad by my side today. Instead he is somewhere in Europe. My dad's life is a little like Waldo, or Matt Lauer. Where in the World is Barney?? I believe he was in Frankfurt, Germany today. It's always scary calling his cell because I never know what time it will be where he is. But, my dad never complains and never has. He is a hard worker and amazing supporter of our family. He gives of himself and his resources generously. He is thoughtful, encouraging, and most of all a loving father and a good man. I am so thankful for you, Dad. I love you!

My big brother Phil (nice hair, dork), Me, and my awesome Dad.

I have no idea what year this is, Mom, can you help me with this one? I think we were still in Ireland, so maybe 1982? Good God, that was a long time ago.



Despite the slave work, Chris' Father's Day wasn't completely shot. Josh and I were able to give him his big present as soon as he woke up and we took him for a big yummy breakfast before Josh and I left for church and Chris for Austin. We got him his very own awesome iPod. He is the most music obsessed guy and he has never had his own iPod. He was really excited about it and so was Josh as you can see from the picture and I am excited to get all the "Chris Country Crap" off my iPod, so we all win with this present!

Josh and I were 15 minutes late for church and the nursery was already full, so we decided to play hooky and play on the church's amazing playground instead. I just had to include this picture because Josh was insistent on wearing his blue sunglasses and matching blue crocs to church today. He wore those glasses for almost two hours and wouldn't take them off. Way to accessorize, Josh!

An extra special Happy Father's Day and congratulations to (big) Josh, Amber, and Mason for welcoming their newest little girl, Anslee Kate! We can't wait to meet her!

Happy Father's Day to all those Dads out there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al: There's two of us in this "No Father for Father's Day"!
I think that photo...Cork, Ireland..was taken 1979/80. Yes, it's awhile ago. You've come a long way, my honey-bun(s) (to include Phil).
As usual, the blog is wonderful to read and enjoy Josh's daily events.

MeMe

Phil said...

Um. I think you need to send an email to Anna with recommendations for what she can do when it's my birthday. If I had two days like that I think i may die and go to heaven (except the golf part, but perhaps some other sport could be inserted)...AND my hair is and was very Fly.

Nicole said...

happy fathers day to! sign me up for those dream days, as well (but, where's the breakfast beef? rookie mistake) love you guys!

Tricia said...

Matt- "Daddy, where are you goin'?"
Steven- "To work, that's what dads do!"

Way to celebrate Daddy-day in true professional style Chris...I and Walgreens salute you!

stj